Notifications
Clear all

acne routine for oily skin* cleared my skin 3 months!

MemberMember
(@jimmymemes)

Posted : 09/12/2017 6:03 pm

Hello friends, I™m very new to this site and i just wanted to share my story and routine that helped me overcome oily skin and acne.

a little background info on me is I™m 23 years old, i live in a humid/hot area, i had acne for about 2 years.

now the way i overcame my acne was not with the help of doctors or any of these big name products going for 50-100 dollars. *im not saying those products don™t work* but they just didn™t work for me. So today I™m going to share my routine i used with the products i used to beat acne :D i did my research and found that Garner 2 in 1 clay mask and face wash worked the best with me, with the assistance of the neutrogena sunscreen/moisturizer

step 1
morning routine:
boil hot water, pour hot water into a bowl, putting towel over your head and steam face for a good 1-2 minutes.
This is really going to open up any clogged pores from the oils while you were sleeping

2. begin to apply face wash on face and LIGHTLY wash your face, remember the harder you scrub your face the more oily it will be throughout the day. rinse with lukewarm water then slowly change the water temperature to cold. * this closes the pores and makes skin tight*

pat dry face with towel and wait until your skin feels a little tight, then apply the moisturizer

night routine:
repeat step 1
now once a week you should pick a day and use the clay mask. after you steamed your face, just apply face wash on your face and let it dry up ( usually takes 5-7 minutes)
repeat step 2 and 3
If you have any questions ill be sure to reply to your comments!
moisturizer i used : [Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen For Acne-Prone Skin, Broad Spectrum Spf 55]

face wash/mask : [Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Pore Purifying 2-in-1 Clay Cleanser/Mask]

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 09/16/2017 5:55 pm

I love clay masks! Whenever I feel a pimple forming, I use a clay mask at night mixed with ACV and it magically disappears the next morning!
The only thing I don't like is that washing it off is a little difficult- can clog your drains. :/

What works for me is using a korean skincare routine and layering on products at night! :) I've also discontinued using products that are too abrasive, like clarisonic spinbrushes and scrubs with microbeads.

Siouxsie liked