Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Regimen Alternatives found in the Philippines

MemberMember
(@regranandom)

Posted : 05/04/2017 6:00 am

Hello, I'm from the Philippines and I wanted to share the over-the-counter products I've found that have been working for me. As much as I want to use the original Acne.org products, delivery is way above my budget. I checked the supplies list and scoured the forums, but not many of the products are available here. What I did was look for products that fit the ingredients and description found in the supplies list, and figured they would do. And so far, so good!

So just in case there are any Filipinos there who don't have access to Acne.org products or the specific products included in the supplies list, but would really like to follow the regimen, here are the list of easily available products that are working for me:

Cleanser Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (~PhP 800-900 for 473mL bottle with dispenser)
This is pretty easy to find in Mercury Drugstores and Watsons. I've seen both the liquid and soap form, but the soap is much harder to find. In any case, buying the largest size in liquid form will take a very long time to finish, so it's worth buying.

Benzoyl Peroxide - Benzac Spots Treatment (~PhP 800-900 for 60g)
This is available in the pharmacy section of Mercury Drugstore. For some reason though, all the branches I've been through don't have stock of the 2.5% concentration, so I had to make do with the 5%. I can't compare if my skin was more irritated because I've never tried the 2.5%. If anyone knows where I can get the 2.5%, please message me! Its not that expensive, but it only lasts one month. For this month, it might last for only 2-3 weeks because Ill be upping my dosage.

Moisturizer - Celeteque Dermoscience Hydration Facial Moisturizer with Triple Moisturizing System (~PhP 250-280 for a 100mL tube)
This is available in Mercury Drugstore. At first, I got the Celeteque Suncare Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15, figuring that I had oily skin anyway so I'd need SPF more than moisture, but that benzoyl peroxide dried my face up like never before. So I switched to this the Hydration one. It's water-based and oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. It also had glycerin and jojoba in its ingredient list, a plus according to Dan's
supplies list. Its also quite cheap! So far, Ive been using it for 5 weeks, and it looks like it might last for another week or so.

Jojoba Oil - Desert Essence (PhP 995 for 118mL bottle)
Even with Celeteque's Triple Moisturizing System, my skin was still dry and flaky, so I followed the instructions in the forums to add jojoba oil. Initially, I searched online and found that Human Nature has pure jojoba oil, PhP 395.00 for a 30mL bottle. Human Nature is available in Rustans and some other shops, but I just couldn't find this. I didn't want to have to go all the way to their Commonwealth branch (the branch closest to me), so as a last ditch effort, I went to Healthy Options, figuring that they might have it. Turns out, they have the Desert Essence Jojoba Oil, PhP 995 for a 118mL bottle. That was their biggest size, so I decided to buy since I planned to stick to the regimen for the long run. Ive seen the brand in some of the video reviews from the US, so I was very happy to have found it here!

Glycolic Acid Aqua Glycolic Face Cream (PhP 1760 for 57g)

This was really difficult to find. I scoured Mercury Drugstore and Watsons for a glycolic face cream, preferably something with licochaclone, like the Acne.org AHA+, but I couldnt find anything. The closest were glycolic face soaps. So I checked online and there were some glycolic productson Lazada, but many were toners or soaps. Of the creams, there were some foreign brands, but they were crazy expensive,and did not have the 10% concentration I was looking for. There were also some local brands, but I was afraid to try because they were extremely cheap, and also didnt come in the concentration I wanted. If anyone's tried the other options, please let me know how they worked for you!

I eventually settled for Aqua Glycolic Face Cream because it was mid-range in terms of price, and it had 10% concentration. I checked reviews online, but hardly found any except on Amazon, where 70% of reviewers rated it 5/5. It seems to be a brand geared towards mature women, so maybe thats why it doesnt have a lot of marketing. Some people who reviewed it have been using it for 25+ years, so it must be quite good. I was a bit iffy since I couldnt be a 100% sure that the Lazada supplier was legit, but I checked their profile and they seemed okay. They dont have a lot of stock (I bought one, and there was only one other left), but you can check their profile to see if they have it available.

Ive used it for three weeks now, mixing it with in equal parts with my moisturizer at night. I did experience the stinging sensation in the first few days, which was good because it probably meant that the supplier was legitimate. I really think its helped with lightening my scars!

PhP 2,600 for 6oz tube!

So there you have it. For around 5k, you can start on your regimen with products available in the Philippines! Much much cheaper than going to the derma, and (at least for me) more effective too! Hope this helps any fellow Pinoys out there struggling with acne. J

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 09/03/2017 6:43 am

Available din po yung benzac 2.5% sa lazada

MemberMember
(@aubreybondoc)

Posted : 10/15/2017 6:23 am

Hi. Just like you, I did a heavy research on the alternatives of each of Dan's regimen. Fortunately, I was able to find some. I initially bought the 8oz kit as my trial package but it gave me the best result so I wanted to continue using it. However, it's not locally available in the Philippines as of the moment and even if it is, resellers price it so high that you'll just wish that Acne.Org itself can ship to Philippines without hurting our pockets that much.

The following products do not contain any comedogenic ingredients (search: ingredients to avoid) as listed here in Acne.Org. I checked this products personally, read reviews here and tried it.

Cleanser
Johnson's Baby Top to Toe Wash
6.8 oz / 200 ml
PHP 145.50

004.jpg

Benzoyl Peroxide
I only use Dan's BP because upon research, I learned that 2.5% is the safest concentration for skin. It is your choice if you want to increase the dosage but I'm sure that either 2.5%, 5% or 10%, your acne or pimple will be dried out anyway.

Moisturizer
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
20 oz / 591 ml (This jar will last me forever)
PHP 899.00

The Face Shop Aloe Vera Gel
300 ml
PHP 195.00

NOTE: I stopped using Cetaphil when summer came because I developed skin bumps and milia

002.jpg

MemberMember
(@sventhedog)

Posted : 11/18/2017 12:05 am

hi guys. i'm also from the philippines and i have started using the acne.org regimen a month ago and i am satisfied with the results. i used the cetaphil bar soap, benzac 2.5 (60g) from lazada, and cerave lotion. however, i want to try the acne.org BP (P2,600)which i saw in lazada sold by a seller "acne.org alternatives." i just want to ask people if you had experiences purchasing from them? thank you.

**i bought the benzac from them.
**they also have a acne.org alternatives facebook page. anyone who have tried directly ordering from them?

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 03/19/2018 3:05 am

New in this post.... thanks for listing alternatives for the Dans regimen.

I just got rhe Benzac 5% - the mercury drugstore I went to only has this and no panoxyl which usually has the 2.5% as i recall correctly.

Im just going to introduce Benzac for now in my regimen, but if I dont see any difference I am
planning to get Dans regimen either in Lazada or FB - found a reseller and their prices are much lower than lazada.

i just couldnt bear how this acne is hurting me phyaically and emotionally...

MemberMember
(@raffysinson)

Posted : 07/30/2018 2:44 am

Could any of the users post their before and after pics just so we could see your skin type and if it matches ours as well see if this treatment could actually fit us skin type appropriate.