Notifications
Clear all

Vegan & cruelty free products?

MemberMember
(@pech)

Posted : 09/13/2016 5:18 pm

Hello there.
I am searching for a vegan and cruelty free alternative..
and since i am new here.. i dont know if that topic existed before.. but i couldnt find it so far.

At the moment i am using vegan products. That arent really many since my skin cant handle so many and intense once (my skin is turning red easily). But if i dont use any products... i noticed it is getting worse and worse with my skin.
Also on my skin are permanent red "locations" (sorry for my bad english, i am german) which didnt get any better for over one year.
when i saw my doctor he gave me several mixed products but non of them helped me and made my skin even suffer more from dryness.
i tried to use lemons. which made my skin feel smoother and not so painful anymore .. but it still looked the same.

My skin: My skin is actually really complicated. My skin is really really senstiive.. and turns red easily. It might be because i am extremly pale. I "only" have mild acne.. but because of the extreme pale skin you can see everything. And surpise: it hurts really bad. also my skin is more on the dry site and surprisingly my pores on the nose and forehead are really small as well on the chin. evenso i am suffering on chin and the cheeks from acne (i hope it is understandable).

MemberMember
(@pech)

Posted : 09/13/2016 5:43 pm

Hello. I meant with it... products which are vegan and cruelty free (: 

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 09/13/2016 9:59 pm

So....it sounds like you are trying to avoid standard acne treatments containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and you're also trying to avoid products that contain any animal products with a vegan philosophy of 'if I wouldn't eat it I won't put it on my face'. This makes for very limited choices unfortunately I think, as you even rule out the honey products and the epiology products I use that would be good for your sensitive skin,as they contain animal products.
The only good news I have for you is that the European Union no longer allows any cosmetic products to undergo animal testing so if you can find a cosmetic type acne product locally with no animal products withinthen the cruelty free angle should be covered.
Good luck and it will be interesting to hear if you come up with something that works for you 🙂

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 09/15/2016 8:11 am

FYI Dan's acne products are cruelty-free...no animal testing!

Jazzguy liked