Notifications
Clear all

ceraVe vs cetaphil moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 05/14/2016 4:58 pm

I'm from the UK, so I can't access the acne.org regimen moisturizer.
I've been using clean & clear moisturizer, but I CONSTANTLY got whiteheads while using it.

It seems my best options are ceraVe and cetaphil, but from your experience what is best?
Or is there another I should consider for whitehead prone skin?

MemberMember
(@mxria2015)

Posted : 05/15/2016 10:14 am

I've been using cetaphil and I believe it's more of a skin cleanser than a moisturiser. It leaves the skin squeaky clean however in terms of moisturising, it doesn't seem to keep the dryness at bay. It all depends on what type of skin you have. If you have normal/oily/combination skin, you'll be fine with using that. I've never tried ceraVe though..

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 05/15/2016 7:02 pm

i feel like cetaphil moisturizers just sit on top of your skin and feel heavy and weird while cerave absorbs really well and feel nice. i like the cerave pm one the best.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2016 10:04 am

I love both! Cerave is my AM moisturizer because it just absorbs nicely into my skin and I don't look like a greasy mess going about my day. However, Cetaphil is a great PM moisturizer for me when I only need to go to bed. Yes it is thick and greasy on the face but waking up in the morning your skin feels so moisturized.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@jspencer)

Posted : 05/17/2016 10:01 pm

Cerave pm gets my vote

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 05/18/2016 11:55 am

How come you can't use 'PM' moisturizers in the day for them to be effective?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/19/2016 7:10 am

I used cetaphil moisturiser and found it SO heavy that it just never sunk in. It left my skin feeling oily, and when I ran my finger over it, there would be a greasy residue on my finger where the stuff just never sank in.

I changed to cerave cream about a week ago and wow... it is so much better. It dries much more matte, and pretty fast as well. It also includes a lot of helpful ingredients such as ceramides. However... cerave is not available in the uk, but i ordered online. IMO it's worth the extra money.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 05/19/2016 3:16 pm

On 5/18/2016 at 9:55 AM, Shenn said:

How come you can't use 'PM' moisturizers in the day for them to be effective?

the pm moisturizer is effective it just does not have sunscreen in it. i tried the a.m. one and it felt greasy and pore-clogging to me. a lot of people like it though.