Notifications
Clear all

Exfoliating after using SA cleanser

MemberMember
(@jakobs)

Posted : 04/12/2016 10:34 am

Hello! So I'm wondering if it is ok to use a exfoliator scrub while using salicylid acid cleanser at the same time?
I'm currently using a Neutrogena face wash with SA, and once a week after cleansing Iscrub my face geantly with anexfoliatingscrub to get rid of those dead skin cells. I've realised today that my face felt very tight after doing that. I've read somewhere that SA actually exfoliates your skin itself,but I always need to use some sort of scrub to get rid of the dead skin cells. Is this safe?

MemberMember
(@kristenp)

Posted : 04/15/2016 8:53 am

Completely safe if its from neutrogena. That is a very low percentage of salicylic. Make sure you're using a good moisturizer as the last step of your routine.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/19/2016 7:28 pm

Salicylic acid doesn't work as cleansers, you must leave them on for a while. A minimum of 20 minutes to get effect. The longer the better. Meaning cleansers with salicylic acid are useless in terms of getting anything out of the acid.
Use a gentle, nondrying cleanser instead, then scrub carefully, but if you then applysalicylic acid, it will most likely make your skin red; I wouldn't do it.