Notifications
Clear all

Azelaic acid for clogged pores

MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 04/07/2016 6:00 pm

Hi everyone:

Ive had hundreds of clogged pores throughout my whole face for the last year or so. My doctor told me to use azelaic acid (20%) to get rid of this problem. I have used it for the last three weeks and have not seen a real change. Has anyone here had a good experience with this acid on clogged pores? Does it really help to get rid of these bumps or does it just prevent them?

Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/07/2016 8:27 pm

Improvement with azelaic acid is usually detectable in 1-2 months and is maximal at about 4 months of use. So it is too early to tell after only 3 weeks of use.The cream should be rubbed well into the skin until absorbed and over the entire acne-prone skin. By the way, almost all acne treatments are more preventative, but the old comedones and bumps will get dislodged and disappear over time. Dislodging of plugs can be sped-up by gently using acne cleansing pads pre-soaked with 2% salicylic acid.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise

MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 04/08/2016 10:58 am

14 hours ago, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

Improvement with azelaic acid is usually detectable in 1-2 months and is maximal at about 4 months of use. So it is too early to tell after only 3 weeks of use.The cream should be rubbed well into the skin until absorbed and over the entire acne-prone skin. By the way, almost all acne treatments are more preventative, but the old comedones and bumps will get dislodged and disappear over time. Dislodging of plugs can be sped-up by gently using acne cleansing pads pre-soaked with 2% salicylic acid.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise

Thank you very much for your information! I will keep updating any changes I notice in this forum.

MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 04/28/2016 5:02 pm

Im going on Accutane, the azelaic acid was useless.