Notifications
Clear all

Acnecide Cream 5% BP

MemberMember
(@llphilb)

Posted : 12/25/2015 6:09 pm

I've struggled with cystic acne my whole life. I'm now 37. I happened upon a cream called Acnecide about 3 months ago and have been using it consistently twice a day since. I also wash with asalicylic acid exfoliator twice a day. I don't use moisturiser.

My skin has not been this clear in 23 years. I wish I had known about it sooner and would have maybe avoided the scarring I now have.

I've tried other BP creams and washesand none have ever worked this well.

I can eat most things (except dairy) without worrying about skin explosions.

My confidence is much better and I don't need to worry about my skin spoiling all social occasion. I pray it continues.

Let me know if anyone decides to try /has any questions.

You can buy in Boots. Or get by prescription from a doctor. It's also on eBay.

MemberMember
(@badmoose)

Posted : 12/26/2015 8:06 am

I've used it a few times when my duac prescription ran out before I was able to get another, and it seems to work well. The only issue I found is that when it dries it looks kind of chalky, like you've got a really thin layer of flour on your face. Is that something you've found? Duac isn't working that well for me anymore so tempted to go back to acnecide.

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 12/27/2015 9:14 am

Acnecide is damn expensive for what it is, but it appears to be one of the only benzoyl peroxide available in the UK now. There used to be loads of different options, but now it's only the expensive Acnecide or the 10% Panoxyl gel. My doctor told me that there's a lot of tightening up over benzoyl peroxide now, but I'm not sure why. It's not that dangerous.

Best bet is to go your doctors and get a prescription for the 60g Acnecide as it will be half price compared to buying without a prescription.

MemberMember
(@llphilb)

Posted : 01/02/2016 11:02 pm

Hi badmoose. Sorry for the delay in replying. I know what you mean with the white chalky effect. I've found that if you rub it in well / quickly it isn't visible. I give it 5 mins to dry and check it. If there areany white marks I just wet them and they go away. It's a great cream. The best I've ever used. I suppose you could also put a very small amount of light moisturiser over the top and this would get rid of any white marks too. Best of luck. Oh, and I'm in Scotland so it's free on the NHS. Result.

MemberMember
(@maryelleng)

Posted : 01/28/2016 4:27 pm

My doctor gave me this to use until derm appointment comes up as other cream was really irritating. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to work and was prepared for disappointment and irritation.

Like you, my skin has never been so good since since using it! So surprised and happy :) I hope it continues. Glad you found something that works too! 

MemberMember
(@love17)

Posted : 03/04/2016 2:12 pm

It's great to see others have had such a good experience with Acnecide - me too! Still a little way to go but it's a great product! Minus the slight dryness but hey ho!

MemberMember
(@sophia-ljb)

Posted : 03/04/2016 2:40 pm

Hey,

I've just got my hands on this Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide in gel form today. Do you use this continuously every single day?
What other skincare products do people use in addition to the gel?

Thanks so much, I'm 25 this year and have suffered from acne for as long as I can remember. I know I need to be stricter in terms of touching of face/picking, which will definitely be a challenge.

I'd never thoughtto discuss these issues on forums before and I'm surprisingly glad I have decided to.

Thanks So Much!

MemberMember
(@love17)

Posted : 03/05/2016 12:51 pm

Hi Sophia,
Yeh this site is great I've only just joined myself, thanks to Acnecide my skin is slowly on its way to being fully clear again! Yey! Lol and I wanted to share this with people because I know how low acne has made me feel. And I know everyone's skin is different and everyone's acne is for different reasons but hey any things worth a try when finding a trearment!
Acnecide is amazing and I'm so glad your trying it.
Okay so I used the acnecide on my whole face twice a day, they say you should start slow and use once a dayor something at first but I didn't bother because I was desperate and it didn't hurt my skin anyway. Other then a bit of dryness.
They say only use on the areas of your face where you have acne, mine was on my cheeks but I wanted to clear bumps and congestion I had pretty much all of over my face. Acnecide cleared this for me and I have since stopped using it all over my face every day and just use it on problem areas now and again. I continue to use it twice a day on my cheeks where the acne was a big problem.
Use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser, you get this from Boots and it's often on an offer. So Cetaphil cleanser, a bit of lukewarm water to wipe away excess, pat dry with a nice gentle cotton wool pad. Wait 10-20 min if poss, put on Acnecide, wait 10-20 min put on Cetaphil moisturiser twice a day. Also try to do this at the same time every day. Mines morning 6 before work then night 6 as soon as get home.
A few other tips to help the process drink lots of green tea!
ACNECIDE and regular green tea consumption has helped me massively.
What to expect well I started Acnecide 19th Nov 2015 had what I believe my skin purge January wasn't too bad it's now March anD my spots are now gone just a few small spot that keep coming back on my right cheek but the left side is clear at the minute. My spots are no longer angry, my bumps and congestion are gone, I am seeing brighter days ahead and can't stop smiling acnecide is the best! Any other questions about it just ask 🙂
It worked for me!

MemberMember
(@shrewdbamboo)

Posted : 04/11/2016 2:33 pm

I have been using Acnecide for about 6 months now just overnight as historically BP creams seemed to work sufficiently with just one application. It has slowly become less effective (or perhaps acne has got worse!?) so I have upped it to twice a day now.

Second week of twice a day and I seem to breaking out worse than ever...is this the 'purge' people speak of? Very frustrating as much like the other posters I thought I had found something that worked.