Notifications
Clear all

Differin Week 11

MemberMember
(@shutupelle)

Posted : 02/01/2015 4:55 pm

My acne before I started differin was not that bad probably quite mild. But as soon as I started using differin my acne flared up - I know that's it working and that but it's now week 11 and I'm still getting spots especially cysts!

I don't know what's wrong with my face what have I been doing wrong? I thought it would get better by this time but I'm losing hope. It's now quite severe and in the light I just see lots of bumps on my face :( I use non comedogenic moisturiser and simple moisturising facial wash. I use differin before bed!

Should I keep going? What are other people's experiences?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/02/2015 8:30 pm

My acne before I started differin was not that bad probably quite mild. But as soon as I started using differin my acne flared up - I know that's it working and that but it's now week 11 and I'm still getting spots especially cysts!

I don't know what's wrong with my face what have I been doing wrong? I thought it would get better by this time but I'm losing hope. It's now quite severe and in the light I just see lots of bumps on my face I use non comedogenic moisturiser and simple moisturising facial wash. I use differin before bed!

I am now 6 weeks into differin and I too continue to breakout. Some weeks/days are definitely better than others. If at 12 weeks you are not seeing some steady improvement, you may need a stronger retinoid or an antiicrobial such as BP. Don't give up. Acne treatments are a trial and error process.

MemberMember
(@aybee0610)

Posted : 11/20/2017 10:45 am

On 2/1/2015 at 3:55 PM, shutupelle said:

I don't know what's wrong with my face what have I been doing wrong? I thought it would get better by this time but I'm losing hope. It's now quite severe and in the light I just see lots of bumps on my face |::( I use non comedogenic moisturiser and simple moisturising facial wash. I use differin before bed!

Hi I am on week 11 as well and going through the exact same experience as you. Did your skin ever clear up? Are you still on Differin?