Notifications
Clear all

Proactiv (Glycolic Acid + Bp) + Salicylic Acid

MemberMember
(@rilianne07)

Posted : 12/02/2014 11:21 pm

I started Proactiv more than 40 days ago. My regimen: Proactiv cleanser, toner, BP, Etude AC Clinic Daily Gel (moisturizer).

I took a vacation, during which I brought some moisturizer with me in a travel-sized bottle. When I ran out of it my regimen became: Proactiv cleanser, tomer, BP, Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

My skin started clearing up. New breakouts appeared but would heal fast.

My problem began when I came BACK from vacation.

I resumed my original regimen: Proactiv cleanser, toner, BP, etude moisturizer.

Two weeks later i started having really big and bad breakouts. The painful kind.

I already knew before that Proactiv contains glycolic acid. But now I just found out that my moisturizer contains salicylic acid. So I was wondering if all three combined (BP + glycolic acid + salicylic acid) are really that bad for the skin? Could my etude moisturizer be really the one messing up my proactiv treatment?

I honestly don't know what to do right now. I paid a big amount for my proactiv and etude moisturizer, and can no longer afford to buy a new moisturizer. (The cetaphil moisturizer was not mine). What do you suggest?

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 10:20 pm

I first tried Proactiv, it did not work for me, but everyone is different. However, what you're describing sounds like cystic acne, it is my suggestion that you see a dermatologist as quickly as possible. You don't want to let that continue on too much longer if you can help it.