Notifications
Clear all

Dr Bronner Castile Liquid Soaps?

MemberMember
(@justanotherduder)

Posted : 11/15/2014 10:53 pm

Have any of you tried these? It's reviewed well on acne.org - although I suspect most are fake reviews because they all follow the same pattern: "Omg I tried to find something for my acne for years! Dermatologists, creams, topicals, etc etc, and now I FINALLY found something OMG OMG! I wish I had found this sooner! It is a miracle cure!!!!!!!!!" Un-huh...

Anyway, there seem to be many options. Which would be the best to minimise acne?

Also, since it's a soap, would it be very drying to the skin? Normal Palmolive soap makes my face skin really dry and red. Would this stuff do the same? I'm thinking of trying the baby mild soap for this reason but eh.

thanks

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/16/2014 11:12 am

I really like them. They deep clean really well. They don't really dry my skin out but my skin is tighter because it is so clean. They have jojoba oil too which is moisturizing and good for acne prone skin. The main ingredient is coconut oil and they are all basically the same except for the fragrant oil which is why I chose tea tree. I buy the bars of soap, which are only $4, so you don't have too much to lose if it doesn't work out. It's really a five star soap in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@justanotherduder)

Posted : 11/16/2014 11:37 am

I really like them. They deep clean really well. They don't really dry my skin out but my skin is tighter because it is so clean. They have jojoba oil too which is moisturizing and good for acne prone skin. The main ingredient is coconut oil and they are all basically the same except for the fragrant oil which is why I chose tea tree. I buy the bars of soap, which are only $4, so you don't have too much to lose if it doesn't work out. It's really a five star soap in my opinion.

Thanks. I ordered the extra mild version liquid soap. Any thoughts on that? I so hope this works.

My skin is so annoying. If I use 99% of OTC facial washes, my skin won't be dry but I'll get acne. However if I use simple soap, my skin will be dry as hell and red but I won't break out.

Really hope this deal works. I've ordered the PureChimp Super Cleanser as well. Looks weird but you never know...

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/16/2014 2:55 pm

I think the extra mild is the safest choice. The fewer ingredients in soap the better. I think people get tricked into brands like Simple and Aveeno because they market as being sourced from nature and natural just because the ingredients come from earth, basically. They have Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben and other cancer causing ingredients. If it's not biodegradable I don't think people shouldn't be rubbing it on their sensitive acne prone skin.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/17/2014 4:34 pm

This is a nerdy fact that a lot of people won't understand unless they like musicals, but one of the actresses who has played Elphaba in Wicked on Broadway used the Extra Mild version to remove the green makeup on her face and body every day and night after shows. She said it was all they used and was super gentle considering how often she had to scrub herself with it :)

MemberMember
(@justanotherduder)

Posted : 11/23/2014 5:03 am

Thanks for your replies.

I tried the mild liquid castile soap but unfortunately it was very drying on my skin and left it red and flaky. It didn't break me out though.

I also tried the Pure Chimp 'Super Cleanser' and that stuff is really bad. Be wary of the spam adverts you find on acne.org in the message boards 'cause that crap will make you break out... or at least, my skin certainly didn't agree with it.

What I can recommend though is Pears Transparent Soap. Discovered it at my sister's place just over a week back and it's amazing. I finally have something that doesn't dry out my skin terribly and doesn't break me out. It leaves my skin smooth, radiant and acne free, I'm so happy to finally be like this again.