Notifications
Clear all

Whey Protein

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 11/07/2014 5:00 pm

Hey,

Read another topic earlier today about a guy who would eat whey protein whenever he felt a craving for sugar/carbs. The whey protein he recommended was $50/lb though which seems pretty excessive imo.

Does anyone have any experience with whey protein making them break out or helping their acne?

It's like a milk derivative right? Aren't we trying to avoid dairy?

Just any information people have on whey would be cool.

MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 11/07/2014 7:05 pm

I've been taking whey protein (not because of acne, but I am a bodybuilder) for 6 months now. It did not have any impact on my acne. Didn't make it worse, didn't make it better. However I never heard anyone's acne get better because of that. My derm told me that protein supplements may make acne appear/ make it worse. It depends on every individual though, some may be unlucky when some may be lucky.

If you really want to take protein, and avoid diary, you can find protein extracted from meat. Beef protein I believed it is called. Not sure though about this, never tried it.

Also to mention I am on accutane, but my acne showed up way before taking protein supplements. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@undentified)

Posted : 11/08/2014 2:35 pm

yeh i could agree with ^

For example i had acnes long before i started taking whey. It was some ISO WHEY ZERO i think brand.. I was taking some normal dose and acnes would come out same as if i wasn't taking at all whey.. So i guess it didn't worse my situation, but to make it better? Nope i don't think so.

However, i did take whey which had 0 sugar in it, and i asked my dermatologist and he told me it's good that it doesn't have sugar, beacuse if it had it could help acnes to break out. So my suggestion to you is to avoid some mass gainers and stuff like that, take whey which has no sugar etc.. and you should be fine.