Notifications
Clear all

Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream Discontinued ? Helppppp

MemberMember
(@ciganito17)

Posted : 08/15/2014 7:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Im new to acne.org i am 20 years ago and have been struggling with mild acne since my junior year in high school. I have really oily skin especially around my nose and forehead. My acne is problamtic on my cheeks while the oil on my forehead shows some few blemishes as well but nothing too serious. I feel like I have never tried dealing with my acne the right way and i have also been a huge fan of using products over night. I just realized that i somehow cleared my skin one summer while using the Clearasil tinted acne treatment benzoyl peroxide 10%. I remember using it only at night and just putting it generously all over my problem areas. Long story short i eventually got lazy and thought i was cured of acne but it eventually gradually came back. For the past few months I have been using toothpaste on putting it on new pimples to dry them out over night but haven't seen any results. I also have been using Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash for about 6 months usually in the shower at night but i have been inconsistent with it. Last weekend i was looking in my bathroom for gel and came across an old (probably discontinued) product, the Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream with 10 % Benzoyl Peroxide. Ever since then my skin has never been clearer , i have seen results almost immediately and no new breakouts. But im worried because theres not a lot left and I cant find it anywhere and i belive its discontinued. I need your help guys I have finally found a product that works and now i cant find it anywhere. Here is a link of what the actual product looks like :

[removed]

Even if its discontinued i would like to know the ingredients that were in the product so i can compare it to other products so if someone could even find me a link for a site with that information. i have the actual tube but not the packaging so that is why i am clueless in regards to the ingredients . Also it expired in 2010 says so on the tube but has worked wonders for me. Please Help

Also , now Clearasil have a newer product with the same purpose as the one i mentioned here but its name is different it is the Clearasil ultra RAPID ACTION vanishing Acne treatment cream Benzoyl peroxide rather than the one i have had success with which is called the Clearasil ultra vanishing Acne treatment cream Benzoyl peroxide. Is there a difference between the two products??? Someone please help i just want to find the Clearasil ultra vanishing acne treatment cream that has made my skin clear again. and if not possible just tell me what the changes are in terms of ingredients between the older creame and the newer version,

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!

Anyway

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 08/31/2014 7:03 pm

The old version: Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%); Inactive Ingredients: Aluminum Hydroxide Bentonite Carbomer Glyceryl Stearate SE Iron Oxides Isopropyl Myristate Methylparaben PEG 12 Potassium Hydroxide Propylene Glycol Propylparaben Simethicone Titanium Dioxide Water

The Clearasil rapid action: Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) (Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Gluconolactone, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, PEG-40 Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Arginine, Titanium Dioxide

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@hughesan91)

Posted : 09/01/2014 12:30 am

There are a lot of products made by companies other than Clearasil that are 10% benzoyl peroxide creams. Persa-gel is a common one; so is Zapzyt, and AcneFree Univ. Medical has a cream too.

Welcome to acne.org :) Sounds like you're in the right place.