Notifications
Clear all

Hempseed Oil Causing Blogged Pores

MemberMember
(@h88)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:54 pm

Couple weeks ago I started using the OCM to get rid of blocked pores. Initially I started with a castor/jojoba/grapeseed mix but found that the castor was too drying no matter how low of a percentage of it I used. So I switched up to using just hempseed oil, figuring that using a 0 comedogenic oil with a high linoleic acid content alone would be a better oil to use first off. However, after a week I have more blogged pores than I've ever had before, in places I've never had them before. Literally every pore on my face if plugged.

I'm cleansing with hempseed oil at night and using it also as a moisturiser. I also use manuka honey to wash and ACV to tone.

I'm not sure whether to quit or not, it's only been a week and it's hard to know if this is a purging stage or not. Other things I dislike about hempseed oil is that it leaves a film on the skin which makes it seem kinda dry, also. It does give your skin a slight yellow tinge.

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 03/08/2014 9:35 pm

OCM should not cause purging (IIRC, only actives such as BHAs or AHAs should cause purging) so if I were you, I would stop using hemp seed oil and consider another type of oil for OCM. What about a grapeseed/jojoba combination without the castor oil?