Notifications
Clear all

Switching From 10% To 2.5% Benzoyl Peroixde

MemberMember
(@mattthomas)

Posted : 10/30/2013 1:24 pm

Hey everyone.

I've been using 'Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser (10%)' for about 8 months now maybe? Anyway I've been using it on my face twice daily and it has done wonders. But, since everyone is saying 2.5% is just as effective as 10% while causing less dryness and irritation, I am considering changing to it and start to using it 2 times a day instead. Will my skin be affected at all by this? 10% gives me no side effects whatsoever, except from maybe a slightly oily nose even after moisturizing, but I was wondering since my skin is so accustomed to 10%, will 2.5% somehow be less effective?

Also, I would be buying the Acne.org BP instead of Clean & Clear which says that it continues to stay and fight bacteria in the pores, long after washing. Does all BP do this or could it be a patented feature of the brand i'm using?

Loads of questions I know :S

Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 10/30/2013 2:59 pm

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

People say not to use above 2.5% in order to avoid side effects; if you're not getting any side effects then you have no need to change it as far as I'm concerned

MemberMember
(@xdxdaustin)

Posted : 11/05/2013 10:45 am

as long as you're happy with your current situation, don't switch. For most people, 10% BP can only be viably used as a spot treatment as best while 2.5 produces amazing results for their other needs. That said, if 10% BP is working for you, just stick with what works.