Notifications
Clear all

Baby Wash As A Cleanser

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/09/2013 3:40 am

Today my Cetaphil run out so I'm looking for a new cleanser. I'm having to use this 'truly gentle' Clean and Clear cleanser which isn't gentle at all.

I have noticed that some people use Johnson's Baby Wash as a cleanser and I am keen to try it out. Cetaphil is pretty expensive (£8+) and baby washes are dirt cheap (£1.40), so that's a good reason to use it right there!

My skin is highly sensitive to products, but without cleanser (only water) I find my skin dries out so much. So I need something that will sufficiently cleanse and respect my sensitive skin.

Lets compare!

Cetaphil 236 ml

Aqua/water, Cetyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, Bulylparben, Methylparben, Propylparben, Sodium lauryl, Sulfate, Stearyl alcohol.

Johnson's Baby Top-to-Toe Wash 500 ml

Aqua , Coco-Glucoside , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Citric Acid , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Glyceryl Oleate , p-Anisic Acid , Sodium Hydroxide , Phenoxyethanol , Sodium Benzoate , Parfum

So evidently there's a lot more ingredients in the baby wash, but Cetaphil contains SLS and various parabens, which the baby wash does not. On the flip-side, the baby wash contains fragrances which may aggravate my sensitive skin. Why can't they just make a wash with simply water, glycerin and some soft of gel substance...rather than putting all this laboratory chemical sounding crap in there!

Should I stick with Cetaphil or same myself some money and go for the baby wash? Or do you recommend something totally different? We unfortunately don't have CeraVe or Purpose cleansers here, so those are not an option. sad.png

Lewis

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:10 am

I've been using Johnson's top-to-toe for the last week and I really like it so far! It does actually have SLS in it though. I had wanted to try CeraVe too but we don't have that in Australia either and I didn't want to buy online.

I read in the reviews a while ago that top-to-toe recommended for use as an alternative to Dan's cleanser for people using the regimen (which is why I bought it). It does have a baby product smell but I don't mind it because it's very slight and I don't notice it after moisturising etc. It foams up really well which is good if you like a foaming cleanser (and is good for people using the regimen). I haven't had any issues with it so far, not even with the fragrance. So I would recommend it! - especially when compared to cetaphil cleanser which I have used before and didn't really like. To me, cetaphil never felt like it really cleansed my face well. But if you'd rather something without SLS then you'll have to consider other options.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:14 am

I've been using Johnson's top-to-toe for the last week and I really like it so far! It does actually have SLS in it though. I had wanted to try CeraVe too but we don't have that in Australia either and I didn't want to buy online.

I read in the reviews a while ago that top-to-toe recommended for use as an alternative to Dan's cleanser for people using the regimen (which is why I bought it). It does have a baby product smell but I don't mind it because it's very slight and I don't notice it after moisturising etc. It foams up really well which is good if you like a foaming cleanser (and is good for people using the regimen). I haven't had any issues with it so far, not even with the fragrance. So I would recommend it! - especially when compared to cetaphil cleanser which I have used before and didn't really like. To me, cetaphil never felt like it really cleansed my face well. But if you'd rather something without SLS then you'll have to consider other options.

It sucks that we don't have all these products easily available in supermarkets. There's barely any alternative regimen supplies in the UK...-_-

I don't mind Cetaphil, it's just the price! I just want something very gentle that cleanses sufficiently.

Thanks for the reply!

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/09/2013 4:32 am

No worries :)

I'd definitely say that the top-to-toe fits the description of being gentle and cleansing sufficiently.

Good luck finding something!