Notifications
Clear all

Clean And Clear Acne Medication - Never Combine Two Different Clean And Clear Products

MemberMember
(@iyonnaluv)

Posted : 06/11/2013 2:11 pm

Recently, a family member bought me Clean and Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser as a gift. I had a bad experience in the past with Clean and Clear, because I used it about a year ago, my skin always burned and I had marks/rashes on parts of my face. I imagine that it was an allergic reaction. So I was a bit apprehensive when my family member bought this for me. But I didn't want to be rude and not use it. I used it, and it didn't disappoint. The Clean and Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser worked well, my skin looked a lot less oily and my acne marks and acne was clearing up. I don't really know what the Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser is supposed to do, so I don't know if I can judge it. I used them together and I started breaking out like crazy. I was getting marks, rashes, little pimples everywhere and my t-zone was especially dry. I did a little experiment and I spent one week just using Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser, then the next week, I used Clean and Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser. The Clean and Clear Morning Burst Fruit Infusions Reviving Cleanser didn't really do much, but when I used the Clean and Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser, the little pimples and marks and rashes disappeared almost instantly. It took awhile for my t-zone to recover, but whatevs. But the main point I wanted to make here was DON'T COMBINE PRODUCTS. FOR THE LOVE OF DEAR GOD, DON'T. DO NOT COMBINE CLEAN AND CLEAR PRODUCTS.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/11/2013 3:15 pm

I would never buy any product that was considered 'oil absorbing', it translates to oil stripping. Cleansing should always be gentle, not removing oil, but dirt.

I use two Clean and Clear products in conjunction with each other, but one has almost no ingredients that could strip oils or irritate the skin. That's Clean and Clear Truly Gentle Cleanser. My holy grail product is Clean and Clear Dual Action - it literally saved my skin from the worst bout of acne that I have ever suffered with.

I think the two products your family member bought for you were too over-drying, I wouldn't use either of them. I don't believe it was the brand of products directly that caused you problems, more so the ingredients of each somewhat clashed. Plus, products that work for some don't always work for others...plus, they're both cleansers and you only need one of those.

iyonnaluv liked