Notifications
Clear all

What Cleanser & Moisturizer While On Tane?

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 06/03/2013 3:05 am

Hi,

I was wondering what moisturizer and cleanser you lot use while on accutane as ive heard it drys up your skin quite a bit and would need to keep your skin hydrated.

At the min i use this: 106611.jpg?v=1

The only problem with this is that is contains salicylic acid which ive been told not to use while on accutane as it would dry my skin and irritate it too much is that correct?

Ive heard Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer are good which i can get from boots and what about lip balm?

Cheers

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 5:23 am

i would suggest lucidum moisturising cleanser(am not sure if u get that where u leave).

i used it while i was on accutane.

depending on the climate and the state of ur skin ,u could use a light or heavy moisturizer.

light like -dermadew aloe gel

heavy like - cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

MemberMember
(@masetw)

Posted : 06/03/2013 8:06 am

Live in the UK and as summer times are coming up i doubt i would need a heavy moisturizer, was thinking of the Simple range

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:14 pm

CeraVe Mouisterizer is usually recc by derms (this is what i use atm on Accutane) -as for cleanser a liquid turned out to be way too harsh for my skin on the medicine so i switched to a creamy cleanser. I had bad luck with cetaphil gentle cleanser in the past so i tried La Roche Posay Dermo Cleanse and i love it so much. Anyways, this is what i use- i would ask your derm because they may know whats best for you.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 12:42 am

CeraVe foaming facial cleanser and CeraVe moituriZing cream in the tub. Best stuff ever!!