Notifications
Clear all

Which Face Wash Is Best?

MemberMember
(@d90)
(@LewisS)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:20 am

I've used most products from the Neutrogena Visibly Clear line and none have been effective for me. Very, very drying products (for my skin-type). I gave them to a friend and she really likes them; especially the pink grapefruit cleanser (it smells really good).

I really do recommend most Clean and Clear products. I haven't used the scrub, but their gentle foaming cleanser is really effective.

I guess you have to find what works for you, it's a lot of trial and error in my case. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:52 am

None... you should get something gentle and ph balanced. Read through this guide. http://www.acne.org/supplies-guide.inc.html

MemberMember
(@d90)

Posted : 03/25/2013 11:01 am

None... you should get something gentle and ph balanced. Read through this guide. http://www.acne.org/supplies-guide.inc.html

Thanks that's very insightful :) With regard to Benzoyl Peroxide in UK stores you can only get 5% and I've come to discover it's very harsh on your skin. Avails you nothing really, so will act accordingly in line with that guide and purchase a 2.5% Found this one on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/ENZOXID-2-5-BENZOYL-PEROXIDE-TREATMENT/dp/B00B857OU0 does that look legitimate?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 03/25/2013 11:27 am

Thanks that's very insightful smile.png With regard to Benzoyl Peroxide in UK stores you can only get 5% and I've come to discover it's very harsh on your skin. Avails you nothing really, so will act accordingly in line with that guide and purchase a 2.5% Found this one on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/ENZOXID-2-5-BENZOYL-PEROXIDE-TREATMENT/dp/B00B857OU0 does that look legitimate?

Yeah that should work fine

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 03/25/2013 11:53 am

the quinoderm facewash is really good, its really gentle but it contains trusted antibacterials (diluted version of what they use before surgery in hospitals), But most of the generic neutrogena/clearasil etc facewashes do the trick.

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/25/2013 12:21 pm

I'm not going to recommend a face wash i've never used but if you can, get the face wash on this site or the Olay foaming face wash for sensitive skin, works amazing

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 03/25/2013 3:51 pm

I use the purify cleanser from Nars skin

One word BEST.

MemberMember
(@lull)

Posted : 04/01/2013 1:17 pm

It's expensive but I found Avene gel cleanser to be very gentle with no unessessary foaming agents or tingly 'clean' sensations (that can cause irritation to acne for a lot of us).

But my actual advise? Use oil cleansing with a 50/50 mix of jojoba and grapeseed oil, massage it in at night and wipe off several times with warm water on a flannel. Use a manuka honey mask in the morning (put it on wet skin & leave for 20-30mins whilst you eat breakfast etc) & then rinse off. Follow with a small amount of jojoba oil as a moisturiser to make your skin glowy. It will feel wierd at first because we have conditioned ourselves to think oil = bad, but my guess is that soon it will soon feel just 'right'. (Please don't use olive oil, that seems to break many people out since it is highly comodogenic - also excercise caution with castor oil IMO)

This is how I have cleared 95% of my moderate (occassionaly severe cystic) acne within approx 3 months after suffering horribly for 20 years & trying every mainstream recommended treatment, every prescription & every cleanser/moisturiser combo in the uk.

I tried this as a last ditch 'what have I got to lose' attempt, thinking the concept was ridiculous. Yet here I am sat here with normal looking dewy skin without oiliness, redness, dryness, and hardly any spots at all. This is something no harsh cleanser has ever achieved. I would never have predicted that a cleanser (and an oil of all things!) could have helped so much - since blood tests & other symptoms implied that my problems were hormonal in origin.

Please don't dismiss this if you are reading, which is what I did for years. (I assumed it was hippy nosense or not for people with as severe skin issues as mine) These products are safe & edible. It's worth a try - especially if the alternative is trying a harsh, controversial drug such as Accutane or Spirolactone(which is the point I had reached).

I have theories about how it works - but I am not 100% sure (I am currently doing a lot of research, because I am shocked by my discovery & want answers!)

I know that Manuka honey is definitely antibacterial but still gentle on the skin & that jojoba is a wax ester that closely mimics the structure of our skins own sebum. My own studies show that it works incredibly well on my skin without any negative side-effects & I can't be so unique that it won't work for some of you too. Remember, I may only be a sample size of one, but I am not trying to sell you anything either.