Notifications
Clear all

Burning/tingling After First Use?

MemberMember
(@noyphimp)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:29 pm

Hello! I am new to the forum and developed pretty bad acne problems at the age of 26! Fortunately, I stumbled upon acne.org. I am on Day 2 of the Regimen and so far, have used OTC products (Cetaphil, Neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment, BareMinerals moisturizer). I am not sure if this is supposed to occur but after I apply the moisturizer, I am feeling a slight tingling or burning sensation around my lips and cheeks. Is this supposed to occur? Do I have a bad mix of BP and moisturizer? I would appreciate and any all replies! :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:49 pm

Hello! I am new to the forum and developed pretty bad acne problems at the age of 26! Fortunately, I stumbled upon acne.org. I am on Day 2 of the Regimen and so far, have used OTC products (Cetaphil, Neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment, BareMinerals moisturizer). I am not sure if this is supposed to occur but after I apply the moisturizer, I am feeling a slight tingling or burning sensation around my lips and cheeks. Is this supposed to occur? Do I have a bad mix of BP and moisturizer? I would appreciate and any all replies! smile.png

I would not use that moisturizer, there's like 100 ingredients in it, less is usually best. Olay for sensitive skin works really well.

MemberMember
(@noyphimp)

Posted : 02/19/2013 9:57 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate the reply. So I should definitely not feel a burning/tingling sensation on only day 2 of the Regimen then...

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/19/2013 10:01 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate the reply. So I should definitely not feel a burning/tingling sensation on only day 2 of the Regimen then...

If your skin is red and very dry then I would expect a burning/tingling sensation after application, but if it's happening after you apply the moisturizer I would say that's the cause. Are you letting the BP dry before applying the moisturizer? Does your skin burn during that time?

MemberMember
(@noyphimp)

Posted : 02/19/2013 10:13 pm

I apply the moisturizer after the BP dries. I've applied generous amounts of moisturizer but still feel the tingling. I've been using this moisturizer long before I started on the Regimen and have never experienced problems before. I had this same problem last night and the tingling/burning eventually alleviated but I wondered if I was supposed to feel some degree of tingling/burning.