Notifications
Clear all

Trying Panoxyl- Any Tips?

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 02/15/2013 8:49 pm

I have been looking for the PanOxyl 10% BP bar for awhile, for my son. I haven't been able to find it anywhere... it's been out of stock in the local stores. But I read so many good reviews on it, that I felt my son should at least give it a try.

Anyhoo... today, I saw that the store had the foaming wash (also 10%). So I bought it.

I will have my son first try it on his neck/shoulders/back, to see what it does. I know that 10% BP can be very powerful, so I thought we should start somewhere other than the face... LOL

Any advice/tips/warnings, from those of you who have used it? Thx :)

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/15/2013 9:47 pm

I have been looking for the PanOxyl 10% BP bar for awhile, for my son. I haven't been able to find it anywhere... it's been out of stock in the local stores. But I read so many good reviews on it, that I felt my son should at least give it a try.

Anyhoo... today, I saw that the store had the foaming wash (also 10%). So I bought it.

I will have my son first try it on his neck/shoulders/back, to see what it does. I know that 10% BP can be very powerful, so I thought we should start somewhere other than the face... LOL

Any advice/tips/warnings, from those of you who have used it? Thx smile.png

Depending on the severity of his acne he could also apply a benzoyl peroxide cream to his body after washing with the panoxyl at night. The skin on the body isn't usually as sensitive as the face and it should dry the acne up fast. It may be too drying for the face though.

MemberMember
(@txngrl)

Posted : 02/16/2013 9:02 pm

thank you! After just using it once, last night, he says today that the area itches :( But I guess we'll keep trying it back there. Still not brave enough to put it on his face though...

MemberMember
(@rorius)

Posted : 02/18/2013 3:34 pm

BP Washes aren't usually too harsh since they're only in contact with the skin for a short period of time.

Also the Panoxyl product range has been discontinued :(