Notifications
Clear all

Why Is It Impossible To Find A Cream Cleanser Without Oils Or Sa?

MemberMember
(@brain85)

Posted : 01/16/2013 9:23 pm

I was using burts bees cream cleanser for sensitive skin and overall it made my face look awesome. Redness was down, no flakes, etc. Then a few days later I got the worst breakout I've had in years, and I can oil assume it was all the oils and other pore clogging ingredients that caused this.

So then I started a search for a cream cleanser that was oil free and didn't have ingredients I wasn't familiar with...I found tons, but they all have salicylic acid!!! I love SA but I already use sa liquid at night so I don't need it in my cleanser. I'm currently using Neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser since it doesn't have many ingredients (and no oils) and it has less SA than other brands, but it's still not as soothing as the burts bees I was using.

Any ideas? I checked out Paula's choice cream cleanser and it also has a lof different oils.

Is it possible to find a basic, bare bones cream cleanser without oils or sa?

Please do not recommend anything with sodium laureth/laryl sulfate as I hate that ingredients, hence why I'm looking at cream cleansers only. IMO, SLS is one of the worst (of not the worst) things you can put on your face.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/17/2013 1:49 am

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser does not contain SLS or oils. It's not labeled as a cream cleanser...but most cream cleansers contain oils, that's what makes them creamy.