Notifications
Clear all

What Is A Good Salicylic Acid Product?

MemberMember
(@flyboy)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:45 pm

So I've been on the regimen with BP for almost a year now. It has worked well, but unfortunately, the area around my mouth has never accustomed itself to the treatment. It is a constant battle of dryness, redness, and flakes. I have finally grown tired of it. I am now seriously considering giving Salicylic Acid a shot in just that area to see how it works. I am looking for input on Salicylic Acid products that would be considered effective and suitable in acne treatment. I have been using Dan's BP for so long that I really have no idea what SA products to look for on the market today. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kolhoz)

Posted : 12/23/2012 8:09 pm

Where ever you shop just go to their website and type acne in their search blank. Then select "most reviewed" or "highest rated". Thats what I do!!!!!!! It works for me.

MemberMember
(@onlyindreams)

Posted : 12/28/2012 3:10 pm

I recommend clean and clear salicylic acid spot treatment, not as a spot treatment but for daily all over use. I got acne late in life at 24, it got worse with time and after trying all otc's and rx meds I started accutane at 28 which didn't help at all. I dealt with my acne for a while simply because my beloved derm doc who had a heart of gold died from some kind of kidney disease and I didn't want to try anyone else but at 31 I went to a new one and started differin which after four months of strict use cleared my face perfectly. I lost my insurance so I had to quit using it after a year and a half but my face stayed clear for about two yrs. At 37 my face was back to looking like it did at 25 and still not having health insurance I began a otc program which I stuck to convinced I would clear my face. The clean and clear salicylic treatment being the most important part but also used alpha hydrox aha souffle, a sulfur mask and garnier dark spot corrector. After three months of religiously using the clean and clear,alpha hydrox aha souffle and dark spot corrector daily and the sulfur mask three times a week(oooops, also hope in a jar mousturizer) my face was completely clear and though I'm not nearly as strict about using these products anymore I will say I haven't had a single zit for over three yrs. I know you just wanted info about salicylic acid but I just thought I'd mention how I cleared my moderate to severe acne with these products. I don't wear any foundation other than tinted moisturizer now and am confident about my face...even proud, so in the end I highly advise using clean and clear. I battled for yrs but wasn't always very strict about using any product for too long but once I committed to a routine I won my battle.