Notifications
Clear all

Anyone's Got A Clarisonic Or A Knock-Off Version? Suggestions Please

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/08/2012 1:37 pm

I'm considering asking Santa for a Clarisonic. wub.png If any of you have one, or a very similar product, what do you think about it, how well does it work, etc.

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 11/08/2012 6:17 pm

it's a waste of money, don't buy it. it really doesn't do anything. in fact it made my skin worse!

the best thing to do to clear up your face is eating healthy!

MemberMember
(@minnieblue)

Posted : 11/12/2012 1:15 am

I'm considering purchasing one too. It's unfortunate that no one has an input about it...

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 3:15 pm

it's a waste of money, don't buy it. it really doesn't do anything. in fact it made my skin worse!

the best thing to do to clear up your face is eating healthy!

I'm not going to use it to get rid of my acne. Most of my acne is already gone. I already use a manual facial brush because I can't cleanse my skin effectively without it...my skin just doesn't shed dead skin the way it's supposed to and for me this is a genetic [almost everyone on my mum's side of the family has this issue]

I'm considering purchasing one too. It's unfortunate that no one has an input about it...

I know! I can't believe that no one's got it on these boards.

MemberMember
(@starrynight07)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:45 am

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE my Clarisonic! I've been using it since the beginning of this year and it is just so amazing. I've been on the acne.org regimen for a few years now, and although it works extremely well, I used to have so much dry and flaky skin from the benzoyl peroxide! Well after using the Clarisonic, my skin is so smooth and the flaky skin is GONE! It cleans and exfoliates very well.

I have the Mia 2 and I use the deep pore cleansing brush head (blue bristles). I recently tried the brush head for acne-prone skin (green bristles) but I didn't like it as much as the deep pore one. I believe most of the kits come with the sensitive brush head, but I feel like the deep pore brush is actually softer than the sensitive one. I think it's all in the matter of finding the right brush head that works best for your skin. I purchased my Clarisonic at Sephora and usually they have really good kits where there are deluxe samples of other products like cleansers and moisturizers from different companies included in the kit. In fact, mine came with two brush heads as well... the sensitive AND deep pore ones! There are definitely some good deals out there so make sure to check out Sephora!

I didn't experience any initial breakout purging when first using this product; however, it did make my skin kind of rough and oily for the first three weeks. And then after that my skin got accustomed to it and has been looking good ever since. Of course, everyone's skin is different and this isn't a miracle product that will make all of your skincare concerns go away overnight. It takes time and you need to have realistic expectations. I use mine twice a day, morning and night. Some people prefer to use it once a day or even every other day. It's up to you!

Sorry this is kind of long, I just get excited when reviewing a good product. Let me know if you have any questions! I hope Santa gives you one for Christmas!

MemberMember
(@clearface8824)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:42 pm

Cvs has a face brush way cheaper and it is scrubbing my pores nice and clean. 19.95

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 11/18/2012 3:52 pm

I have a Clarisonic Mia that I use daily in the shower, and personally, I like it a lot. It's made my marks fade faster, made my overall skin tone look smoother and better etc.

MemberMember
(@faffy)

Posted : 11/18/2012 6:14 pm

I have a Sirius skin sonic and it's been sitting on my bathroom counter for over a year collecting dust. For me the brush is far too harsh and abrasive on my skin and made no difference to my skin texture/condition. Plus you don't get that satisfaction of having a perfectly cleansed face as you do with manual washing in my opinion!

MemberMember
(@songbirdsing)

Posted : 12/17/2012 11:19 pm

I have the Olay X and have heard many people like it just as much as clarisonic (though I'm not willing to spend that much on a brush to compare). I personally love it....cost like $30 and I think it's on sale at drugstore.com. It really helps me get off all my makeup and cleared my face some because it cleans it so well. I have moderate/severe acne and helps the life of my cystic acne decrease. I use twice a day and couldn't recommend it more.

MemberMember
(@angeldream)

Posted : 12/19/2012 11:50 am

I'm also using Clarisonic Mia 2 but i stopped it after i started to use BP 2.5% regimen since the cleanser that should be use is Cetaphil so i think the brush wont work well with the cleanser.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 7:54 pm

I have the Clarisonic Pro. I have the Pro head and the Acne head. Don't notice much of a difference between them.

It's mostly good for light exfoliation. Definitely more consistent exfoliation than a washcloth or a scrub wash.

However you should know that the Pro has 4 speed settings. I have to use setting 2 or 3 to get any real results. The Mia only comes with the 1st speed. I found the 1st speed useless.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 12/30/2012 8:42 am

Thank you everyone for your insight, but in the end I couldn't make my mind up whether I want one now or not. Maybe next year.