Notifications
Clear all

Best Shampoo For Acne On Face And Scalp?

MemberMember
(@stripesnotspots)

Posted : 06/11/2012 10:48 pm

What is the best or a very good shampoo that won't cause breakouts?

I know it's important not to have sodium laurel sulfate in it as that can cause acne. I've tried head and shoulders and it made it worse not better. And Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo..I appear to be allergic to. I'm very sensitive to a lot of stuff. I was thinking about looking into organic shampoos but there's a lot of potential there to be allergic to flowers that are in it or for organic stuff to have oils in them that would cause acne. Even "Yes to tomatoes" appears to have sulfate in it.

Any suggestions? I am pretty sure my shampoos are part of what's making me break out. The majority of my acne is on my scalp, behind my ears, at the base of my neck. My face has some, but not a lot.

**** I am very sensitive to harsh chemicals.

I haven't been using conditioner because my hair is very very oily.

MemberMember
(@gypsymichele)

Posted : 06/12/2012 3:50 pm

I'm also allergic to every shampoo and conditioner out there. From baby ones to organic ones.. I finally tried Cleure products.. They have an awesome shampoo and conditioner and it doesn't take much to get nice hair. I have always been allergic to asprin products, so I decided to take all salicylics out of my diet and body products. It has really helped tons.. Also I found out i'm allergic to Nightshade foods.. I already knew I couldn't have gluten or dairy but now I know my biggest rash causing culprits have been Nightshades and Salicylic foods.. Give the Cleure shampoo a chance you might find out you can use it. Oh and my head doesn't itch anymore with Cleure.. Good Luck... [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@allrighty)

Posted : 06/12/2012 4:58 pm

U need one with out all the chemicals etc in it, the chemist or ur local supermarket should sell these kinds.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 06/12/2012 7:58 pm

Try Dan's cleanser. He uses it as a shampoo, face wash, all-over body cleanser, and shaving foam. It's pH balanced, won't aggravate acne, and extremely gentle.

MemberMember
(@clearkyle)

Posted : 06/26/2012 1:46 pm

I too had acne on my scalp for years, but since I switched over to USANA's Sense line, it has completely disappeared. The Revitalizing Shampoo & Nourishing Conditioner are both all natural to the point where you can eat them! They contain all-natural ingredients, including green tea extract, grape seed extract, and vitamin E, so it's very gentle on your scalp and excellent for your hair. They also don't contain parabens, which are artificial preservatives that most products on store shelves contain in order to extend their shelf-life. Parabens have been noticed in the presence of skin/breast/thyroid cancers, and can also lead to dry skin/eczyma. The Sense line uses a patented natural preservative that take advantage of botanicals and antioxidants to keep the products fresh. I've been using them for a few months now (including the skin care line for my face), and my dry scalp has never felt better :). I'm sure this will help with your scalp acne like it has with mine!

Oh, and no sodium laurel sulfate either, .

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/03/2012 4:32 pm

"Acne" on the scalp might be folliculitus (I.e. infected hair follicles). Shampoos containing ketoconzacole (antifungal) can be effective in fighting it. The shampoo I know of with it is called Nizoral. It comes in 1% ketoconz strength (bought it at Target) or in 2% ketoconz strength (prescription only). I had folliculitus crop up last Oct. Initially, Head & Shoulders seemed to work but then it lost effectiveness. Didn't make my hair feel very clean either. I was finally able to get the folliculitis in check using the 1% and 2% versions of Nizoral. It's worth a try. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 03/20/2015 7:14 pm

Wella Calm Sensitive Shampoo is awesome although it does contain sulfate, it is a fragrance-free formula that is used to hydrate and treat the scalp that is sensitive, and it doesn't have any funky smells like other shampoos I've tried...T-Gel smells so horrible it annoys me !

My forehead/bacne/hairline acne is much better ever since I've been using it, and it contains salicylic acid which is great for acne.

MemberMember
(@fallenwish)

Posted : 03/25/2015 3:08 pm

A lot of shampoos cause me to break out. Weirdly enough, Suave--not Suave Professionals, just plain old Suave--does not cause me to break out. I use the juicy green apple scent. I know it's a super cheap brand but eh, it works for me.