Notifications
Clear all

Acnevir... has anyone else tried it?

MemberMember
(@wsxdrfvgy)

Posted : 02/28/2010 3:26 am

Following my terrible experience with a popular acne treatment (you can look at my previous posts to see what I'm referring to) I decided to add a few new potions to my collection to see if they would help more than my old regimen. Among the products I bought was Acnevir Acne & Redness Relief gel after reading a couple of reviews on a vendor website.

I used it as a spot treatment for the first time this afternoon and now to my amazement half of my pimples are gone.. (and I had quite a lot of many sizes beforehand), and the other half have shrunk by a lot... it hasn't done much for my redness yet, and it was extremely drying, but I'm pretty amazed that it could work on my active breakouts in less than 12 hours o.o ... I've never had results from a product in the first day of use, but now I'm worried that it's too good to be true, so I'm wondering if anyone has had experiences with this product .. good or bad. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I have also seen that they have a face wash, but I haven't tried it. Only the gel.

The gel's active ingredients are resorcinol, salicylic acid and sulphur. It really stinks like sulphur, but sulphur is good for acne. :)

So, has anyone tried Acnevir?

MemberMember
(@wsxdrfvgy)

Posted : 03/17/2010 10:20 pm

Update:

I've been using this product on my individual breakouts for a couple of weeks now, and I've never been so impressed with a product. It works so quickly as a spot treatment on my active breakouts, they're going away within one to a few days, and I'm breaking out a lot less. It also makes my skin slightly less red, especially if I apply aloe vera gel over it after it dries. It does need a moisturizer though, it makes my skin pretty dry.

I love it, I just hope it doesn't stop working for me! :)

MemberMember
(@holly_hox)

Posted : 08/17/2010 2:50 pm

I used the Acnevir spot treatment for about a week with great results. My cystic acne shrunk by half overnight. It did bring some acne to a head, but then it was easy to get rid of after that.

I started using the face wash about 8 days ago and it's been great!! My skin is clearing up. Again, some acne is coming to a head, but it's coming OUT, which is awesome. The face wash has B5 in it, which I think is awesome and a huge help, and I want to start taking orally also!

It does make my skin a bit tight and kinda dry so my oil production has been insane! But, I think if I incorporate jojoba oil to my regimen, it will help!

Will continue to use this for a couple weeks to see if it works, because BP isn't doin it for me and I'm sick of ruining/bleaching shirts and pillowcases!!

MemberMember
(@pinkypoof)

Posted : 09/12/2010 10:32 pm

Found this facewash and gel at the local grocery store a few months ago.

Love IT!

My face is smooth after washing it and feels fresh and clean. It doesn't smell, no fragrance. The gel works quickly too.

Redness and irritation goes away within days, and pimples and huge zits come to a head quickly and dry quickly.

I will not use anything else from now on. Ive had acne for the last 15 years and this is the first i have had something actually work like it says it does.

Proactiv worked, but took about 6 months to work.

But ... yes highly recommended to use.

MemberMember
(@angel07)

Posted : 09/14/2010 2:57 am

Awesome!!

I saw this at the store the other day and it looked pretty good. I'm going to buy some tomorrow and try it out!

MemberMember
(@sunwillow22)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:30 am

Acnevir

I have been dealing with adult cystic acne for a few years now. I've been prescribed various washes, ointments, antibiotics (oral and topical)--without much success. Needless to say, I've tried every OTC product as well. Nothing really worked. I bought Acnevir yesterday, just because it had an active ingredient of sulfur. One of my Rx washes that worked pretty well contained sulfur and the sulfur oral antibiotics seemed to work better. I had not tried an OTC ointment with sulfur before. WOW!!! It started working within hours! I am amazed! Nothing has ever dried up zits this fast or effectively for me. Yes, it is DRYING! And it burned a little at first; but it WORKS!

MemberMember
(@battle-with-acne)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:51 am

i used it for a few day... i see my acne healing... so far.. it s working magically...

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:05 pm

Wow...... Great reviews! Hoping it works fast for me . Just used a minute ago for the first time. Praying!!!!!

MemberMember
(@yvolo)

Posted : 12/20/2013 12:57 am

Wow thanks for the responses!!