Notifications
Clear all

St. Ives Naturally Clear

MemberMember
(@rhayne)

Posted : 08/11/2009 12:55 pm

About a week and a half ago I bought St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Face Wash (Blemish and blackhead control). This is the face wash...NOT the scrub. This does have microbeads and apricot extracts in it and says to use 3-4 times a week. I'm assuming it suggests that because of the microbeads. I've heard a lot of people complain about the scrub, saying it's too harsh and it tears up your skin. I've used it off and on since buying it and on the days I don't use it i'm using Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It seems like I broke out in whiteheads on the days I used the Cetaphil. I think I'm just going to stick with using the St. Ives because I love the way my face feels after using it. And as for the microbeads...I foam the wash up in my hands and by the time I'm rubbing it on my face I only feel maybe 5 of 6 of the beads and I rub gently. I wanted to know if anyone used the face wash and how they liked it. Do you think it would be ok to wash my face in the morning with Cetaphil and then at night with the St. Ives?

MemberMember
(@rhayne)

Posted : 08/12/2009 5:30 pm

Anyone?? Does anyone have any comments about this face wash OR other St. Ives washes?

MemberMember
(@handi)

Posted : 08/20/2009 3:40 pm

About a week and a half ago I bought St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Face Wash (Blemish and blackhead control). This is the face wash...NOT the scrub. This does have microbeads and apricot extracts in it and says to use 3-4 times a week. I'm assuming it suggests that because of the microbeads. I've heard a lot of people complain about the scrub, saying it's too harsh and it tears up your skin. I've used it off and on since buying it and on the days I don't use it i'm using Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It seems like I broke out in whiteheads on the days I used the Cetaphil. I think I'm just going to stick with using the St. Ives because I love the way my face feels after using it. And as for the microbeads...I foam the wash up in my hands and by the time I'm rubbing it on my face I only feel maybe 5 of 6 of the beads and I rub gently. I wanted to know if anyone used the face wash and how they liked it. Do you think it would be ok to wash my face in the morning with Cetaphil and then at night with the St. Ives?

Have you actually had people complain about St Ives scrubs?! I love them!!! When I was using them everyday my skin was actually really very good! But I suppose different treatment for different people because not everyone had good results with St Ives.. I know that because some people tried to sneak into my bathroom to see what products I used when my skin was awesome. Anyway, I've learnt now not to be complacent with my skin.

As for your question, if St Ives is good enough for you then I would say just use St Ives and keep Cetaphil away. If you use both it might be too strong for your skin.

MemberMember
(@jow)

Posted : 01/03/2014 5:50 am

I lovce St. Ives too. I have acne since I was 9 so you can imagine how many stuff i've tried before and St. Ives its the best so far. I was using the Apricot Scrub like a face wash (Obviously super wrong!!) because I didn't knew how I couldn't do it but since I swich to the cleanser i loved it. Since the first time it left my skin super clean and soft. I don't break out anymore and it's almost a miracle. Mi skin looks super healty it's soft and less oily.