Notifications
Clear all

anybody tried any anti-sebum gels/creams/washes?

MemberMember
(@rupert)

Posted : 05/18/2008 12:30 pm

having just done a search, the only ones I can find on the internet are Sesha products

i.e.

1) sesha Hydro-Soothing Gel

2) sesha Oil Control Day Lotion

3) sesha acne tame lotion

the webpage is

http://www.sesha-uk.com/acne.html

These should work cos green tea, liquorice are DHT inhibitors. It is DHT that cause the sebaceous gland to churn out too much sebum. Therefore inhibiting DHT should reduce your sebum levels. And normal sebum production means no more blackheads and spots. But the questions are

1) do they work?

2) are they safe? I mean if u are systemically absorbing anti-androgen then thats not good. You really don't want to mess with your hormones. However if its effect is localised then you are sorted.

So my question is, has anybody tried anti-sebum products? :) And by that I am not talking about products used to mop up excess oil when its already been produced. There are a wealth of these on the market and from my experience aren't worth the labels they are printed on. I am talking about actual ingredients that actually reduce sebum production. :)

MemberMember
(@rhodesengr)

Posted : 05/19/2008 8:24 pm

Certain essential oils are known to balance sebum production. I think you do not want no sebum. You just don't want to much. Geramium oil is one example. My kids use acne products from Essential Stuff Store which all contain sebum balancing essential oils. Just Google them if you are interested.

MemberMember
(@dotty1)

Posted : 05/21/2008 8:06 am

I produce so much sebum that it seems only oral sebum-inhibitors work. I use the creams, which opens the pores, but deep down ---under the skin--- my face is still producing 10 gallons of hard sebum that will be pushed out the next day -- with or without a cream.

MemberMember
(@whoalisa)

Posted : 05/25/2008 11:34 pm

I hear that jojoba oil helps your skin create less sebum. It fools your skin into thinking it is already creating enough sebum by mimicking it. Supposedly it is also great for deep cleaning your pores and getting rid of acne in general. This is all just stuff I read, but I ordered my own jojoba oil today so it should be in the mail by tuesday. I'm excited to try it and will let you know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@vain_guy)

Posted : 08/30/2008 6:20 am

i've tried the L'Oreal Anti-Imperfection Line (??) before and i must say that it yielded good results on my oily skin and acne. However, my acne scars did not completely heal. Right now I'm using Beauche International Skin Care Line for about 20 days and I was happy with the results.. My acne scars became lighter (and some are gone..), my pores shrunk and my skin isn't that oily now.. However, there's one drawback.. There's micro-peeling effect on my skin but tolerable.. I only put a non-comedogenic and water-based moisturizer every morning so that it will not show..

MemberMember
(@xandra)

Posted : 02/25/2014 8:20 am

i've tried the L'Oreal Anti-Imperfection Line (??) before and i must say that it yielded good results on my oily skin and acne. However, my acne scars did not completely heal. Right now I'm using Beauche International Skin Care Line for about 20 days and I was happy with the results.. My acne scars became lighter (and some are gone..), my pores shrunk and my skin isn't that oily now.. However, there's one drawback.. There's micro-peeling effect on my skin but tolerable.. I only put a non-comedogenic and water-based moisturizer every morning so that it will not show..

what moisturizer do you specifically use?