Notifications
Clear all

clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub

MemberMember
(@botchla)

Posted : 09/29/2003 11:32 pm

hey so i bought this stuff tonight while i was out. i really like the clean and clear continuous control (i've been using it forever), and i was also using neutrogena oil-free acne wash (with 2% SA).

in short, i'm still having some exfoliation problems. the neutrogena SA was really not working to help my skin shed properly. still had a lot of clogged pores. so anyways, since i like the clean and clear products, i decided to try this clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub cause it has pretty good reviews and also it has "microbeads" which i've always wanted to try.

the plus side? it smells good, the other side? holy christ it feels like you're rubbing sand and chunks of gravel all over your face. is this what microbeads are? hehe.. on the bright side my face feels really smooth afterwards. i attribute that to the product taking the entire outer layer of my skin off though.

seriously though it wasn't all that bad. i'll continue to use it and see how it works. anyone else used it before?

MemberMember
(@startzt)

Posted : 09/30/2003 11:52 am

I like plain old baking soda. While searching for a mild exfoliant, I found a few people who told me to mix a SMALL amount of baking soda with my cleanser. I tried it and love it. It doesn't hurt, and my face feels baby soft and smooth afterwards. You may consider it if those "micro"beads start getting to you! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@botchla)

Posted : 09/30/2003 12:03 pm

yeah i've heard about that one too.. maybe i should try it one day. i just didn't know if the stuff would like.. irritate my skin or clog my pores or anything.

anyways.. i found the trick. the trick is don't "scrub" with the scrub. you have to gently massage the stuff around your face. this way it doesn't hurt at all. although, to be completely honest with myself, i really don't think the little microbeads in this product even do anything. there's not nearly enough of them. i thought the texture was gonna be a bit gritty, but it's not, it's like any other cleanser, except with some little blue grains of stuff in it here and there. it seems like they're just for show.

who knows, i'll continue to use the stuff and see how it goes. i do like how it makes my skin feel though (clean and smooth).

MemberMember
(@lollipop22)

Posted : 03/14/2013 2:16 pm

really happy wen it came in the mail but ive used it everyday for the past week anda half and im stillgetting breakouts i used the product correctly by directions so this stuff just doesnt work o by the way it gives u really red skin after use too!