Urgent - is my skin...

Notifications
Clear all

Urgent - is my skin reacting normally to the regimen??

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 05/16/2017 8:06 pm

I'm on my second week of the regimen and have started using the BP twice a day, about a pea size amount for the lower half of my face, where my acne resides. The past few days I've noticed a lot of redness which I know is normal but it looks like I've put zinc around my mouth - there's a white line and then redness on my chin and around my mouth. My skin also has a mild burning sensation throughout the day and gets worse after moisteriser application, but this goes away in a few hours UNLESS I wear makeup, because then the sensation lasts all day, 24/7. I wear Australis pressed powder because I can't leave without makeup I'm worried that it is causing a reaction and even though I wait until the BP and moisteriser is totally dry before i apply makeup, I'm worried i could be spreading the BP to other areas accidentally with my makeup brush, like under my eyes. Is this normal? Should I be waiting longer to apply makeup? I should add that my skin is also quite dry and cracked. Please help! :) 

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/18/2017 3:17 pm

Hi T1901,

We would advise that you use only Acne.org products on your skin and nothing else. Wearing makeup may slow down the progress of The Regimen on treating your acne and even harm your results.

However, if you do insist on wearing makeup, you may use it on top of The Regimen products. Make sure that the makeup that you are using is water based, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic to avoid any reactions on your skin. For more information on acne and makeup, kindly use the link provided below:

http://www.acne.org/makeup-acne.html

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 05/18/2017 7:13 pm

You know why it's red? Cause it's irritated lol. Why continuously put on these chemicals when your skin isn't reacting right to it? Go for a natural remedy, something with lots of vitamins. I'll leave it at that, think about it.

MemberMember
(@t1901)

Posted : 05/19/2017 5:27 pm

On 2017-5-19 at 6:17 AM, Acne.org Support said:

Hi T1901, 

We would advise that you use only Acne.org products on your skin and nothing else. Wearing makeup may slow down the progress of The Regimen on treating your acne and even harm your results. 

However, if you do insist on wearing makeup, you may use it on top of The Regimen products. Make sure that the makeup that you are using is water based, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic to avoid any reactions on your skin. For more information on acne and makeup, kindly use the link provided below: 

http://www.acne.org/makeup-acne.html

If I had the guts I'd go makeup free, but unfortunately I can't do it just yet. Thank you for the info! :)  

22 hours ago, davidctino said:

You know why it's red? Cause it's irritated lol. Why continuously put on these chemicals when your skin isn't reacting right to it? Go for a natural remedy, something with lots of vitamins. I'll leave it at that, think about it.

Oh I've always tried to go the natural route, and I'm still drinking diluted ACV and taking supplements as well as eating a plant based, dairy free diet, but unfortunately for me my acne is getting to a point where it's causing scarring and multiplying quite quickly. So as much as I want to stick to natural, I'm afraid the process of trial and error while I continue to scar isn't something I can do right now. So my plan is to try and get it under control with topicals and then slowly ease off and look for more natural ways. Thank you for your response! :)

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 05/20/2017 12:00 am

6 hours ago, T1901 said:
If I had the guts I'd go makeup free, but unfortunately I can't do it just yet. Thank you for the info! :)   Oh I've always tried to go the natural route, and I'm still drinking diluted ACV and taking supplements as well as eating a plant based, dairy free diet, but unfortunately for me my acne is getting to a point where it's causing scarring and multiplying quite quickly. So as much as I want to stick to natural, I'm afraid the process of trial and error while I continue to scar isn't something I can do right now. So my plan is to try and get it under control with topicals and then slowly ease off and look for more natural ways. Thank you for your response! :)

I've been trying this natural remedy all week and it's lessened my acne by atleast 80%. I'm just gonna copy and post this. It's a natural organic tropical that helps better than any product I've ever used. My skin after doing a feels like at the right point of moisture. It's to oily and it's not dry.

Acne.org will tell you to keep up with it, but honestly it's a sign that your skin is irritated. I would stop and advise you to do fruit face masks. It's cheaper and better for your skin. I tried many products and this natural regime works the best and my skin is loving it. I never seen my skin this live and youthful. I had a problem with dead skin build up and it's taken care of that. Here's the recipe, you will need a blender and I would use organic fruits. I usually use frozen fruits so it'll never spoil. I transfer some to the fridge so it'll defrost.

mango, pineapple, papaya, blue berries, blackberries, strawberries, apple, carrots and banana and 1/2 lemon squeezed in there.

banana is natural moisturizer, mango, papaya and carrots have great vitamin a content which is the main ingredient for retin - a. Strawberries have natural ahas, it also has vitamin c that is vital for skin repair cause it promotes collagen. Papaya is a great skin lightner. Best of all, all of them are full of antioxidants. Antioxidants are great for inflammation, and detoxifying toxic pollution. It's non irritant unless I are allergic to some of the fruits but that's highly unlikely. Along with a good diet this should eliminate acne. Give it a shot. It make your pimples come to a head and then dry and fall off.