Notifications
Clear all

Dan's moisturizer is not working.

MemberMember
(@m139564)

Posted : 03/18/2017 7:53 am

A little background I suppose.

I am a 24 year old guy who has had persistent acne for about 7 years. About two years ago I started the regimine. It took about 3 months to see consistent results. I stayed on it for about a year but stopped because I was still breaking out and it was cause causing dry, dehydrated skin.

I kept using the moisturizer because I like the way it felt going on. Now I am on tretinoin and minocyclind for three months while I wait to go on accutane in a week. All of you know how tretinoin can dry your skin out and dans moisturizer was not cutting it. It sits on top of my skin and drys on top causing flakes of it to be mixed with dead skin. It doesn't look great.

Last week i switched to the dry skin cetaphil face moisturizer. Night and day difference. My nose used to flake during the day, along with my jawline and near my mouth. It goes on light and really absorbs into my skin. I am also using the cetaphil moisturizing cleanser which has also been great. I am hoping this preparation will help deal with the dryness to come when I start the accutane.

so key point is, if dans moisturizer doesn't seem like it's working, give cetaphil a try!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/21/2017 6:52 pm

Many swear by Cetaphil...good alternative to Dan's! :)

MemberMember
(@m139564)

Posted : 06/05/2017 11:00 am

Agreed!