AHA and BP problems...

Notifications
Clear all

AHA and BP problems!! REDNESS & CLEAR LIQUID

MemberMember
(@alexreyabc)

Posted : 02/04/2017 1:42 am

Still can't decide whether I like the AHA lotion or not! It does a great job at clearing all the dry skin & flaking, but whenever I use it, my face turn bright red the next day, and whenever i do even the lightest scratch on my face (I tend to scratch in my sleep sometimes) my skin starts pouring out this clear liquid which eventually forms a yellowish crust on my skin!!!! I want to continue using this because it gets rid of soooo much of the dry skin & flakes, but it irritates my skin so much leaving it bright red and sometimes crust!!

I NEVER just use the AHA alone, I use a tiny amount on each part of my face with a lot more moisturizer. Not even 1/2 AHA 1/2 Moisturizer. Probably like 1/4 AHA and 3/4 moisturizer! And, I'm already approaching my 4th month on the regimen!! (in 6 days it'll officially be 4 months) I've also reduced my BP to a finger's length only at night, once a day beccause my skin started getting red as well because of the BP and the drying never stops!!! (unless i use AHA but then again i get redder and the cycle continues) .

Current status and experience with the regimen:
Approaching my fourth month, and I've been experiencing a LOT of redness because of the BP. Some days will be redder some days it will be alright, so I reduced the BP for this month to once a day but a full fingers length. The first 3 months were the expected dryness, redness, etc. and my skin cleared up SIGNIFICANTLY. A LOT of my red scars and the normal brown ones have gone away, and i rarely breakout. Maybe a pimple or two every so often, but I was so happy, but still dry. Recently, my face has gotten SO dry and SO irritated, so i lessened my BP to once a day. I rarely go out of the house so I'm never really exposed to sunlight (I'm waiting for school to start again), and I never wear makeup unless I go out, which is like less than 5 times a month, and when Ido wear make up, its just powder with SPF.

PRODUCTS I USE:
ACNE ORG REGIMEN - cleanser, BP, AHA, jojoba oil
CETAPHIL Moisturizer

ROUTINE:
Morning: Cleanser, moisturize + 8 drop of jojoba oil (If I'm extra dry, i put on a second layer of moisturizer and jojoba oil)
Night: Cleanser, 1 finger's length of BP, moisturizer + jojoba oil
Every few days (or once a week depending how flaky I am), I use the AHAwith the moisturizer after the BP. My ratio is not 1/2 moisturizer, 1/2 AHA. Probably like 1/4 AHA 3/4 moisturizer

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. PLEASE.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/04/2017 10:53 am

Hi Alexreyabc,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. With regards to the Acne.org AHA+, you may use it every 2-3 nights if you are experiencing irritation. If you are mixing the AHA+ with the Acne.org Moisturizer, be sure to only apply the mixture only once per day.

Many people are making common mistakes. Take this questionnaire to be sure you're right on track:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#questionaire