Notifications
Clear all

AHA glycolic acid

MemberMember
(@rylee-l)

Posted : 07/21/2016 8:34 pm

I have been on the regimen for just over a month now and happy to say that I barely have any active pimples. However, I am left with dark red spots. I have started to incorporate the AHA in with my moisturizer. Can I get some feedback of how this has worked for others and their scarring? How long should I expect to see results?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/21/2016 10:53 pm

My red marks took seven months to fade and half of them turned into pitted scars. But I was on isotretinoin a few months prior so that could of impaired my skins healing abilities.

Incorporating AHA with your moisturizer sounds like a good idea. Remember that being gentle with your skin is very important if its healing.

If yours red marks arnt gone soon and they are of great concern to you then schedule a dermatologist appointment.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:32 am

On 7/21/2016 at 9:34 PM, Rylee L said:

I have been on the regimen for just over a month now and happy to say that I barely have any active pimples. However, I am left with dark red spots. I have started to incorporate the AHA in with my moisturizer. Can I get some feedback of how this has worked for others and their scarring? How long should I expect to see results?

AHA+ worked great for my son! His red marks are all faded on his forehead, and you can hardly tell he had acne here! Cheek marks are slower to fade, but since April they're showing improvement, and look a bit smaller and fewer. Like ASO, he also has some marks that faded to indented pits, mainly on his temples, and a few on his cheeks. His marks don't bother him and aren't that bad, so we probably won't seek scar treatment. I'm hopeful that by the time he's 18 (he's 15 now) that most of his remaining marks will have mostly faded on their own.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/28/2016 4:21 pm

4 hours ago, DeLovely said:
On 7/21/2016 at 9:34 PM, Rylee L said:

AHA+ worked great for my son! His red marks are all faded on his forehead, and you can hardly tell he had acne here! Cheek marks are slower to fade, but since April they're showing improvement, and look a bit smaller and fewer. Like ASO, he also has some marks that faded to indented pits, mainly on his temples, and a few on his cheeks. His marks don't bother him and aren't that bad, so we probably won't seek scar treatment. I'm hopeful that by the time he's 18 (he's 15 now) that most of his remaining marks will have mostly faded on their own.

thats great. Has he tried any retinol products? Or have you? I just added one to my regimen. There's a product with AHA and retinol, thought I'd mention it on here:
http://www.justforhealthshop.com/Alpha-Hydrox-Retinol-ResQ-105-oz_i158643

DeLovely liked