Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Newbie

MemberMember
(@jsin22)

Posted : 02/19/2016 11:20 am

Hello,

I just recently started the regimen about a week ago. So far, it's too early to tell but feeling good about it.

This is such an awesome forum with so much useful information. It's awesome to hear all these incredible success stories and encouraging words!

I had a few questions about the Regimen. I have the 3 main staples, the facewash, BP and Moisturizer. I had some questions on the AHA+ and Jojoba Oil.

How do you incorporate these into your daily regimen? Do you use both twice a day? Is the AHA+ more like a face wash where you apply and wash off or something you apply like a lotion and leave on all night? The jojoba oil?

Thank You.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/19/2016 11:36 am

Yes, there's a lot of info, advice, and support here! :) I love to be a part of this community!!

You can begin incorporating jojoba oil now! Just mix 5-6 drops of jojoba with 2 pumps of moisturizer if your skin is in need of some extra hydration. It's also handy for removing dead flaky skin as the BP dries out the acne, which is part of the treatment. In the shower, rinse your face. Then gently "wash" your face with a palmful of jojoba oil. Then use the cleanser as usual. Gets rid of most of the flakes.

After 4 weeks (or whenever your skin has fully adjusted to BP), you can begin incorporating AHA+. This product is a moisturizer, and you can use 1-2 times a week in place of the regular moisturizer to help with PIH. It's best to start slow and work up to higher amounts. Start with a pea-size amount diluted with 2 pumps of moisturizer, and as your skin adjusts (there may be some initial redness and stinging), you can ramp up the amount. My son uses a full pump of AHA+ with a full pump of moisturizer, and this is safe to use daily. You can also mix in a few drops of jojoba oil as well! Really helps fade those red marks and PIH!

MemberMember
(@copiousspade)

Posted : 02/24/2016 8:16 am

Thanks for this question and reply. I basically had the same question. Only difference is I'm struggling to keep my face and neck hydrated, I've been using BP for years, not in this quantity or frequency but nonetheless you wouldn't think my skin would have to adjust. Can I go grab jojoba oil at a drug store to hold me off until my next acne.org order, or is it slightly different?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 02/24/2016 2:15 pm

You definitely get a small bottle of jojoba oil at the drug store. I have used other brands other than acne.org and they work perfectly too.