Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer???

MemberMember
(@twiegmann89)

Posted : 01/28/2016 10:43 pm

Can i use an oil control moisturizer while on the regimen? Or do I need a regular one? I use the cetaphil oil control with spf. I just started acne.org regimen 5 days ago only I use benzaclin instead of 2.5%....my lotion now burns after i apply which I read was normal starting off on the regimen. My skin was pretty oily before it's starting to dry out. I just don't know much about moisturizers

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/29/2016 5:42 pm

With the regimen moisturizer is definitely a big step. The benzoyl peroxide will dry your your face if you are still getting used to it and like it did with me, it hurt when applying moisturizer after. Since you are just starting, if your skin gets really dry, you are always allowed to apply more moisturizer throughout the day.

I use the Cerave moisturizer during the day. This is easily absorbed into the skin and doesnt feel heavy but still does the job. At night I use the regular cerave lotion...this pretty much makes my skin feel like an oil slick but I'm going to sleep anyways so it doesn't matter. I do love the feeling of waking up in the morning and having my skin feel so much softer after Cetaphil.