Notifications
Clear all

Regimen questions

MemberMember
(@real96)

Posted : 12/06/2015 8:36 pm

Hey guys, 3 questions about the regimen:

1. I live in Germany and can't get Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% ( we only have 3% and shipping is pretty expensive) Do you think the Regimen works with benzoyl peroxide 3 % also? I guess it could work if i use a little lower dosage than recommended?

2. I am in week 3 but still using a pretty low dosage as my skin flakes a lot. Will the flakiness eventually stop? Should I increase the dosage though, or should I just wait for the flakiness to stop and then increase the dosage?

3. This is a theoretical question: I do not really understand why on the one hand it says that acne can not become resistant to BP (so the skin somehow cannot get used to it) while on the other hand it says that the skin can get used to the BP in terms of irritation, meaning that the flakiness and dryness will eventually stop.(so somehow the skin can get used to it)  How can this be explained?

Thank you!! :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/08/2015 6:30 pm

1. The regimen will work fine with 3%, Dan only advises using 2.5% because it works just as well as 10% and 5% but with less irritation.

2. Flakiness will eventually stop. Your dosage should be following the timeline of the regimen instructions.

3. I think what Dan is trying to explain is that the bacteria that causes acne will not become resistant to the BP. But the BP side effects our skin encounters is something out skin can adapt to.

real96 and oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@real96)

Posted : 12/09/2015 8:55 am

Thank you!

But I have the feeling that my skin can't handle a higher dosage at the moment as it would lead to extreme dryness and flakiness. (Even though I am using a generous amount of Cerave Moisturizing Lotion + Jojoba Oil) I guess it' because of the 3% BP + my really sensitive skin.

Is it a big "mistake" if I keep using my actual dosage for a while, and then start increasing it againreally slowly, so that I reach the recommended full dosage of one finger length ( or maybe a bit less as I am using 3%) after 3 months instead of 1?

I just have the feelingmy skin needs a bit more time.

I'm pretty clear at the moment btw, just a few spots, so I am really hopeful this is gonna work for me:) Only this dryness is bothering me a bit

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 12/09/2015 11:14 am

Only you can read out how your skin feels. If you think your skin is doing better at a lower dosage and still getting you clear than I don't see a problem with that. I find I can stay clear without using the full two pumps of BP and thats what I stick to.