Stopping The Regime...

Notifications
Clear all

Stopping The Regimen And Starting Over

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 09/07/2015 10:33 am

I'm thinking of stopping the regimen and starting over again. Been on it for almost two years. Definitely got rid of acne, but after first few months started to get lazy with regimen, and sort of have been on and off with consistency of regimen. Doing it everyday, unless I was on a night out or up stupidly early. But maybe not being as careful doing it sometimes as it takes so long.

My issue with the regimen was definitely the dryness which I found hard to solve without my skin looking ridiculously greasy/sweaty.

I also would have breakouts every 6-8 weeks but always in the same place, so I wasn't sure if it was coldsores or breaking out due to something else. I saw some people breaking out In similar places because of toothpaste. So trying to solve this recently.

So basically has anyone stopped and then got back on it. Did it work? And did you just stop cold turkey?

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 09/07/2015 2:33 pm

I stopped altogether June/July 2014 b/c at that time school had just ended, so I wasn't as motivated to do the Regimen. I quit doing it for like 2 weeks--terrible mistake. Prior to quitting my red marks from late 2013 had almost completely faded, so my skin looked good. After the 2 weeks of discontinuing the regimen, I broke out horribly. I had a terrible cyst on my left cheek, and it lay under the skin. It was there for a long time. I also had horrible breakouts on the bottom half of my face, nose, and temples. I got back on the Regimen, and my skin is clear, but here I am 1 year later and still suffering from the red marks that were left behind.

So you've never managed to get off the regimen at all?