Opinions: Applying ...

Notifications
Clear all

Opinions: Applying Bp And Moisturizer At The Same Time?

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/01/2015 10:03 pm

Every so often, ill mix the BP with the moisturizer and apply it to my face instead of the two step process. Reason being, it allows me to rush a quick dry and be out the door if im leaving for the night. Also its easier!

Is this process a lot less affective then the classic regimen? So far i noticed my skin is a lot less flaky/dry. Which is a huge plus but is that because the BP isnt being as affective? Will i see more breakouts down the road?

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 09/02/2015 9:09 am

Well, I think there's good reasons for three separate steps. After the cleanser, it causes the skin to dry and remove impurities so you have to put benzoyl peroxide on it so the skin absorbs it all completely. To insure this and to prevent dryness, you have to wait until your skin soaks up the BP, then use the moisturizer.

That's how I think of it, and even proactive has a similar strategy.

1. Remove impurities to ensure BP is absorbed

2. Wait until it's dry, then BP is absorbed completely

3. After it's sucked up the Bp, Moisturizer mostly from the dryness that BP causes

I think that's why you're breaking out. Your skin isn't absorbing the BP, or at least not most of it since you're mixing it with something.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/02/2015 12:08 pm

Well, I think there's good reasons for three separate steps. After the cleanser, it causes the skin to dry and remove impurities so you have to put benzoyl peroxide on it so the skin absorbs it all completely. To insure this and to prevent dryness, you have to wait until your skin soaks up the BP, then use the moisturizer.

3. After it's sucked up the Bp, Moisturizer mostly from the dryness that BP causes

I think that's why you're breaking out. Your skin isn't absorbing the BP, or at least not most of it since you're mixing it with something.

I am NOT seeing more breakouts, as a matter of fact, i have no new ones popping up. Not sure how long thats going to last though doing it this way.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 09/03/2015 10:20 am

I say what works for you, works for you!

So if that makes it easier and faster then go for it, BUT, if you do start seeing breakouts, then you have to be aware that if could be for the reason you are mixing the BP and moisturizer. Just be very observant of what makes your skin breakout.

You liked
MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 09/04/2015 9:47 pm

I am NOT seeing more breakouts, as a matter of fact, i have no new ones popping up. Not sure how long thats going to last though doing it this way.

Oh, never mind. I thought I read that you said you broke out. I misread.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 09/05/2015 7:24 pm

I wouldn't suggest doing that... BP opens your pores and allows oxygen to enter, killing the bacteria in your pores. Moisturizer, (depending on which brand/product you use) sometimes closes the pores to lock in the moisture in your pores... Therefore I wouldn't suggest doing that. If you do them at the same time, you're kinda defeating the purpose of the BP.

Hope this helps! (Also, which moisturizer do you use? I assume the Acne.org regiment moisturizer?)

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 09/14/2015 2:06 pm

I wouldn't suggest doing that... BP opens your pores and allows oxygen to enter, killing the bacteria in your pores. Moisturizer, (depending on which brand/product you use) sometimes closes the pores to lock in the moisture in your pores... Therefore I wouldn't suggest doing that. If you do them at the same time, you're kinda defeating the purpose of the BP.

Hope this helps! (Also, which moisturizer do you use? I assume the Acne.org regiment moisturizer?)

Yes, i use Acne.org BP, and moisturizer. I occasionally use the Jaba oil and acid, but dont really have a need for it.