Skin Has Gotten Wor...

Notifications
Clear all

Skin Has Gotten Worse

MemberMember
(@kellyyl)

Posted : 07/08/2015 4:05 am

I've been on the regimen for about a month, but my skin has been getting worse than before I even started the regimen.. I want to continue with it for at least 2 more months, but I'm feeling a little discouraged. I have a ton of closed comedones and I'm gradually getting more and more. Not sure what the cause is, maybe my moisturizer?

Morning routine :

Dan's cleanser

Simple Micellar Water (just added it to my routine, didn't make anything worse)

Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide (the full amount)

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Afternoon routine :

Dan's cleanser

Simple Micellar Water

Dan's BP

Ceraphil Moisturizing Cream with Dan's AHA

Did your guys skin get worse before it got better? Any advice?

MemberMember
(@madisonmarie)

Posted : 07/08/2015 3:56 pm

Perhaps the Cetaphil - it's never been good for me, and has caused breakouts.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/08/2015 6:09 pm

My suggestion would be to just take out the micellar water. Once you get clear then you can start incorporating one product in at a time to make sure it is not breaking you out.

Cetaphil has been known to break some people out, however for me it has been nothing but a great moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@militia890)

Posted : 07/08/2015 8:40 pm

How long have you been using the aha for? I found that it would actually break me out but I did not stick with it for too long.

Is your skin really dry/still red and irritated from the bp?

If you want to try a different moisturizer to see if that is what's breaking you out I recommend Cerave, it does well by me.

MemberMember
(@kellyyl)

Posted : 07/08/2015 10:26 pm

How long have you been using the aha for? I found that it would actually break me out but I did not stick with it for too long.

If you want to try a different moisturizer to see if that is what's breaking you out I recommend Cerave, it does well by me.

I've been using the AHA for about 2 weeks... Now that I think about it, I might be breaking out because of the AHA, but it's also the time of the month for me, so I'm not sure. I'll stop it for a while and see.

My skin is still red and scaly, but it's nothing too bad. And thanks for the recommendation, I will switch to Cerave!

MemberMember
(@kamwr)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:10 pm

Don't worry, it'll clear up.. Mine got so worst before it go better.. Don't give up hun. Trust me, you'll be pleased. I've been on it for about 3 years.

MemberMember
(@kamwr)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:12 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I use acne.org... The cleanser, treatment and moisturizer. I add the product jojoba oil in my moisturizer for night application.

MemberMember
(@militia890)

Posted : 07/08/2015 11:38 pm

I've been using the AHA for about 2 weeks... Now that I think about it, I might be breaking out because of the AHA, but it's also the time of the month for me, so I'm not sure. I'll stop it for a while and see.

My skin is still red and scaly, but it's nothing too bad. And thanks for the recommendation, I will switch to Cerave!

Yeah, I would try to keep away from the aha for a little bit and see if you improve. Especially if you are still experiencing redness you may be over-irritating your skin. I would say wait until your skin settles with the bp, the redness stops, and see where your skin goes from there.

Good luck!