Notifications
Clear all

What Makes Dan's Regimen Work So Much Better Than Everything Else?

MemberMember
(@kayjaym)

Posted : 04/22/2015 11:30 pm

I am in my late 20s, and since my mid teens I have tried numerous products and methods to battle my acne. I have had limited success with everything I have tried. By limited, I mean that sometimes my face wouldnt clear....but sometimes it would. And even when it did, I was not able to pin down exactly why it cleared.

Ive tried Proactiv, Murad, Clean and Clear, Nuetrogena, store brands, apple cider vinegar rinsing, lemon juice in my water, tea tree oil spot treating, etc etc etc. Even during the times where I put in lots of exercise and very clean eating with lots of water, I could not pin down what exactly kept my acne at bay when I had clear periods. I knew about acne.org for years....and probably found out about it during my late teens. I didnt start reading it much until my early 20s, and thats how I found out about things like the apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

I was stubborn for years with regards to buying Dan's regimen because I simply felt I could get the same thing in stores. Plus I didnt like having to wait for things in the mail...and as a teen Murad and Proactiv left a bad impression on me....meaning I lumped all acne kits together as scams that didnt work much. I mean, who likes spending more than what you pay in the store for something that doesnt help your skin and sometimes made it worse?

Finally late last summer I took the time to research the forums, look over a lot of the acne.org website, and finally decided to give this a real go. So I bought the big kit plus and used it for 3 months. After a few weeks I cleared up really well and for the first time in my life I felt i could say "wow this product is whats keeping me clear". But once I ran out of product, I got a little bold and over confident. First I started getting interested in using organic or natural body products only...from my shower soap, to my face wash, to my toothpaste. During this time I was getting super paranoid about anything that went into my body. I was wondering if all the chemicals and synthetic stuff was why I was so acne prone.

Eventually I got over my health kick and realized that stuff wouldnt and didnt keep me clear. But in an attempt to save money I tried to use the store bought stuff again to keep my acne at bay. And to be honest, I only saved money on the cleanser and moisturizer. Dan's benzoyl peroxide prices can not be beat by anything in the stores. Anyways I spent a few months again experimenting with a few new products and nothing had worked. So I will go back to Dan's regimen for good. Its the only thing that really worked for me and that I could see was directly responsible for my skin getting better.

I just wish I knew what it was about his regimen that makes it work so much better than everyone elses. Props to Dan.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/23/2015 6:54 am

Dan's regimen is the bomb, I agree! I think years of trial and error went into perfecting every aspect of the Acne.Org Regimen, from the products to the steps. The steps are just as important as the products, maybe even more so. Good products used incorrectly will not yield the results. Patience to trust in the process and stick with it are also key. So many people give up before they've really given the Regimen a fair chance to work, usually right around the 3-week mark when the uncomfortable dryness is at its worst, or after getting that initial breakout which is actually a sign that it's working.

Anyway, glad you're pleased I'm sure Dan will appreciate the feedback. Best wishes for your continued success! :)