Using The Cleanser ...

Notifications
Clear all

Using The Cleanser At Night (If You Skip The Night Regimen Routine)

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 02/07/2015 6:41 am

Hey guys, I'm 4 days into the regimen and I have decided to skip the nightly routine because I want to ease into it and then start using it at night after a week or so. So instead of applying the regimen at night I wash my face in the shower, I get out and pat dry and after it's dried up after 10 minutes I apply the moisturiser mixed with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil. So that is my nightly routine, after I get out of the shower and pat dry then wait 10 minutes my face gets really dry and it feels like I've cleansed it with the cleanser product but I didn't.

My question is, I don't use any cleanser at night time I only use the water coming out of the shower head. Would it be a good idea to use the cleanser at night time and then apply moisturiser afterwards? I don't know maybe the cleanser will help, I just want to make sure everything is being done right.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/07/2015 11:23 am

If you're not using the treatment at night, then there's no need to wait for your skin to dry for 10 minutes to moisturize. In fact, in this situation, it's better if you apply your moisturizer/jojoba oil mixture ASAP after your shower to help lock in the moisture from the water, which will keep your skin softer and in balance so you won't get that dry feeling. I find one pump makes a generous lather and is less drying on the skin than 2 pumps. The purpose behind the cleanser is to avoid unnecessary friction and rubbing which can cause irritation. If you do cleanse with water only, just let the stream of water gently hit your face and avoid rubbing your skin vigorously.

Are you using a pea-sized portion of BP for your morning Regimen routine?? For the first week they recommend only using a pea-size portion of BP once a day, and waiting till week 2 to begin using a pea-size portion twice a day. By week 3, one full pump twice a day. And week 4, 2 full pumps twice a day, if this helps you structure your dosage increase. You're very smart to ease your skin into the treatment! One of the biggest mistakes is increasing the dosage too quickly.

Hope this was helpful! Wish you great success! :)

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 02/07/2015 4:23 pm

Yes I am only using a pea amount of BP, on the first day I tried the regimen I used it morning and night and unfortunately that was too much for skin because it eventually got red, but ever since I stopped the night regimen my skin doesn't have that red sunburnt look any more. I will start using it a night after a week. :) thanks for the help I appreciate it!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/07/2015 7:26 pm

Yes, using the BP treatment twice a day from the start will certainly cause a case of the ouchies! ;) Good you corrected it and are now using the recommended dosage. Some uncomfortable drying and redness is usually unavoidable and to be expected as your skin adapts to the BP treatment, what they call the "hardening phase," and does not mean at all that you are doing anything wrong, if you are following the dosage increase I outlined for you. Once your skin adapts to the BP, these symptoms will subside and the Regimen will start to feel more comfortable.

Good luck! :)