After 2 Years, Regi...

Notifications
Clear all

After 2 Years, Regimen Stopped Working

MemberMember
(@laurenkellie)

Posted : 12/16/2014 6:56 pm

I've been on the regimen since November of 2012. It took around 5 months for my skin to become completely clear. Like most of you, I struggled with a million different products and regimens before this so I was ecstatic that my skin was clear. Unfortunately for the past 5 or so months my acne has come back when nothing in my life or skin care routine has changed. I'm devastated because I'll get 1-2 new pimples daily now while still dealing with old ones. I use the acne.org cleanser, bp, and cetaphil moisturizer every day twice a day. I use the AHA as my night time moisturizer maybe 6 times a week. Is that too much? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to go through the process of finding a new product again :(

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 12/16/2014 10:45 pm

I would suspect that the causation of your acne has changed. I suggest you attack acne from the inside this time. Eat healthy, exercise, manage your stress levels. Remember, topicals only exert their effect on the external surface of the skin. Use an trial and error approach to deduce what is specifically causing your breakouts. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 12/17/2014 11:18 am

I'm pretty much having the same issue, getting more cysts cropping up after a year of being totally clear on the Regimen. I'll cry if it stops working longterm. Anyone else been through this, or going through it now?

MemberMember
(@laurenkellie)

Posted : 12/17/2014 1:29 pm

Managing stress, diet and exercise is a good idea. Sometimes I forget that stress = hormonal changes and that can cause acne. Thanks! And yes I have been getting cystic acne in the past few months that I rarely used to get when my acne was bad.