Itchy, Red And Swol...

Notifications
Clear all

Itchy, Red And Swollen

MemberMember
(@weeeal)

Posted : 07/12/2014 10:50 pm

So I started using the regimen 8 months ago... I got cleared and was very happy with the progress I made. When I ran out of Dan's products, I stopped being on the regimen and wanted to find out if I will stay clear even without the regimen. After a month of not being on the regimen I broke out so bad particularly on my chin area. So I decided to look for the same otc products. I couldn't find a 2.5% bp so I purchased the 5% one. But when I started using the 5% bp, the areas where I applied it became so itchy and swollen. I got too scared so I decided to stop. I thought maybe 5% is too much for me. I re-purchased Dan's bp and was very excited to use it. But to my horror, after using a pea size amount of the 2.5% bp my face got itchy, red and swollen. I never got this reaction when I started using the regimen 8 months ago. What could be the reason? Is my face getting allergic to bp? Help!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/12/2014 11:23 pm

Something similar happened to me after being on the regimen for a year. I developed eczema. I stopped and tried to re introduce a pea sized amount a few weeks later with no success. I think the amount ofBP required for the regimen can sensitize the skin to the point it creates reactions. Give your skin a break and try to find a replacement. I'm seeing my derm on Wed so hoping she gives me something that doesn't trigger my eczema and helps my acne

Good Luck

weeeal liked