Redness, Flakiness,...

Notifications
Clear all

Redness, Flakiness, Itchy

MemberMember
(@wursterj)

Posted : 02/20/2014 12:18 am

Hey Regimen Users,

I'm now using the "Regimen" treatment since 2 weeks and 2 days. That means I just started week 3 of the treatment and I am pretty happy so far. I'm doing everything like described in the videos and descriptions.

I feel how the acne is going back even though, there is still acne left on my face. But I know it takes a while to get rid of it completely...

I still wanted to ask a question to some users who maybe had the same issues like I have them now:

Since a couple of days my skin is really is really flaky, red and very itchy. Especially, that my face is so flaky and itchy bothers me a lot because it's ver annoying...

So I just want to know if this is just normal for the 3rd week and/or if you have any suggestions to treat something differently.

Thanks you guys for your answers already,

wursterj

MemberMember
(@pugeta)

Posted : 02/21/2014 4:27 am

Same with me! I'm having very annoying redness and itchiness all over my neck and face. Been using regimen since last year and never had any problem. Now idk what's happening :(

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/21/2014 10:58 am

I'm just about in the same timeframe that you're in (day 19 for me). I wouldn't say my face is red (it looks more tan than anything which is strange for me given how pale I am), but I am definitely flakey. I have to resist the urge to peel the flakes off in chunks. I've found that I just need to really pile on the moisturizer throughout the day. Although the texture of my skin still feels kind of rough from the flakes, they don't show as badly if I moisturize often.

How much BP are you using and how often are you moisturizing? Is the itchiness constant, or does it only occur just after your applications of BP/moisturizer?

EDIT: I've also been using a non-foaming, moisturizing cleanser. Depending on how drying your personal cleanser is, you might want to consider swapping it. The Neutrogena Ultra-Gentle Hydrating Cleanser (creamy formula) has been working wonders for me.

MemberMember
(@wursterj)

Posted : 02/21/2014 5:55 pm

Thanks for your replies.

It's also more of a tan for me, which is (just like Risu said) also a little bit strange for me. But it's not a very big deal. I'm just curios if it will go back with time or not...?

I'm using the BP amount which Dan recommends for week 3 in his video for The Regimen. Im moisturizing twice a day every time I do the Regimen. In the morning and at night.

The Itchiness and flakiness is permanent, but it feels like it got better the last two days. Maybe you just gotta be patient!?

And I'm using the acne.org products.

Would you recommend to moisturize more often?

Thanks for every help again! ;)

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 02/21/2014 6:49 pm

I think that you can moisturize as often as you need to if you are super dry and flaky. After a month on the Regimen you can start to use the AHA cream which personally I found helped with flakes.

There are two oils that help with severe dryness and don't clog your pores. They are jojoba oil and borage oil and you can get them at most health food stores. you can either put the oil straight on your dry skin or mix it half and half with your moisturizer. My friend swears by the borage oil!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/22/2014 2:28 am

Like what Hope said, I don't think there's any harm in dunking your face in moisturizer throughout the day to keep the itch and flakes at bay. If it makes the regimen more tolerable and doesn't cause breakouts, I'd say do it. I haven't noticed any more breakouts than the usual since I've been moisturizing multiple times throughout the day.

I also think I have gone much more slowly with the BP than what Dan recommends. I'm still doing half a finger at night and a quarter in the morning, and I'm almost up to week three at this point. I think it's all about knowing what your skin can tolerate and backing off on the BP if you feel you need to. Slow and steady!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@wursterj)

Posted : 02/23/2014 12:10 pm

I reduced the BP now a little bit and will make smaller steps with it as I approach the next weeks.

And I think I'll moisturize more often.

Thanks to all of you!

I'll get back if I get any problems ;)

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/23/2014 12:22 pm

Also keep in mind that your increase in flakes may have something to do with the weather where you live. This is a dry time of year for me (even before I started with the Regimen). We all probably have our heat on and don't have much moisture in the air. So, for those of you who have been on the Regimen for a long time, keep the weather in mind! If you live up north, it might just be moisturizer season.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/23/2014 1:09 pm

If you're using Dan's moisturiser, that's probably what's making you look "tanned". I find that his moisturiser gradually made my face look darker and darker until I switched it out for the Cetaphil moisturising lotion, and after a few days my skin got lighter again. I personally think it's the jojoba oil in Dan's moisturiser, because jojoba oil itself also makes my skin tanned... Just something to consider - the whole tanned face thing was starting to bother me more than my actual acne lol.

wursterj liked
MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/24/2014 12:53 am

I'm not using Dan's moisturizer. I find the tanning effect to be a result of the BP drying my skin and making it seem a little "leathery".

MemberMember
(@mainavidesu)

Posted : 02/27/2014 4:23 am

Hello,

Sorry to suddenly jump in. (>_<)

Oh my.. I have the same problem. I'm in my 4th week of the regimen now and my face is very red not to mentione too dry. I also add Jojoba oil to dan's mosturizer but it makes my face so shiny.

I also try to minimize the amount of BP as I notice my face can't handle the recommended amount for the 4th week.

My concern now is that I got small pimples in my chin and I hate it. I wonder if this is normal. I try to read others posts here and they said that they still got pimples even though they are at their 3rd month on the regimen. (>_<)

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/28/2014 12:15 am

@mainavidesu

I'm on day 25 now, and I've also experienced the random pimples. They're mostly just little whiteheads that don't last for more than a day. I'm fairly certain this is normal and all part of the process. This regimen seems to be a test of wills between us and our acne. I believe (and really, really hope) that persistence and perseverance will win this War of the Faces in the long run. We just have to out-will our acne and tolerate the flaking and tan-face for a while.