Terrible Skin! Plea...

Notifications
Clear all

Terrible Skin! Please Help

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/18/2013 8:59 am

Hi!

I am a 16 year old girl from Norway and I have terrible skin right now sad.png I have had mild acne for about 2 years, and I started on Dan's regimen for four weeks ago. At first it worked great! All my acne cleared up in 3 weeks, I just had some red spots. I never experienced a lot of dryness and I was so happy with my skin! But 4 days ago I woke up with TERRIBLE skin! I had all these little bumps all over my face and my skin was red and itchy. I don't know how it is possible! My skin was fine the day before! The day before I was sitting in my room all day and I did not go out for some fresh air, just because I was ill and didn't feel like going out. Maybe I touched my face a little more, but that can not make so much difference? My face and my neck is also sooooo dry now! I hate this! My skin has been like this for 4 days now and it is not getting any better:( I have tried to apply AHA+ as a spot treatment and it stings like h*ll! It has made my pimples a LITTLE smaller, but my skin is far from good! Right now I just came home from school and my skin has felt so tight and it has been burning all day! Even when I touch my skin it hurts! I have used mineral makeup everyday while using the regimen and it has not been any problem, but now my skin looks so ugly even with makeup! It looks so dark and greasy because my skin is all red under the makeup. I do use jojoba oil with the moisturizer, but I was starting to think that maybe the oil was breaking me out so I have not used as much as I used to, but now my skin is even more dry! PLEASE HELP ME! MY SKIN HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD:( I have no confidence right now and I am so embarrassed! It is the only thing I have thought about for the last days! I'm so sad right now! Have anyone experienced anything like this before? Should i stick with Dans regimen or not?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 12/18/2013 9:20 am

Sounds to me like your having a allergic reaction.

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 12/18/2013 10:26 am

I would reduce the amount of BP you're using. Go back to using a very small amount, and when your skin settles, try and work your way back up to the two pumps. Dan's instructions are just a guideline, everyone's skin is different! Back when I started the regimen, it took me about two months to comfortably use two pumps. The redness and burning is pretty normal, BP can be quite irritating. Make sure you're being really gentle, keep using the jojoba oil and don't touch your skin!

If this doesn't pass in the next week or so, or if things get worse, then it might be an allergic reaction and you should consider stopping. But if there's even slight improvement, I encourage you to stick with it because once you're over the worst, things do start to improve really quickly!

Also I wouldn't use AHA until your skin settles down. I've been on the regimen for a year and a half and I still can't tolerate AHA. Good luck to you smile.png

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/18/2013 10:58 am

I would reduce the amount of BP you're using. Go back to using a very small amount, and when your skin settles, try and work your way back up to the two pumps. Dan's instructions are just a guideline, everyone's skin is different! Back when I started the regimen, it took me about two months to comfortably use two pumps. The redness and burning is pretty normal, BP can be quite irritating. Make sure you're being really gentle, keep using the jojoba oil and don't touch your skin!

If this doesn't pass in the next week or so, or if things get worse, then it might be an allergic reaction and you should consider stopping. But if there's even slight improvement, I encourage you to stick with it because once you're over the worst, things do start to improve really quickly!

Also I wouldn't use AHA until your skin settles down. I've been on the regimen for a year and a half and I still can't tolerate AHA. Good luck to you smile.png

Thank you so much for the answer! I will try to go back and use a very small amount! But will my skin break out even more when I am using less BP?

MemberMember
(@maybemonday)

Posted : 12/18/2013 11:04 am

You may breakout a little bit before it gets better- but it definitely won't be as bad as quitting entirely or allowing the irritation to continue. I know it sucks but hopefully things will turn around for you soon! :)

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/18/2013 11:12 am

You may breakout a little bit before it gets better- but it definitely won't be as bad as quitting entirely or allowing the irritation to continue. I know it sucks but hopefully things will turn around for you soon! smile.png

Okey! Thanks again for your help! Hopefully it will work! :)

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 12/18/2013 4:12 pm

I agree with maybemonday... try to put as little as possible on your skin for the next few days. Less BP and no AHA. It sounds as if you may be allergic to something because you have many smalll bumps that are also itchy, that sounds like a reaction. When did you introduce the AHA? Is it possible that may be the culprit? You also said you were ill, being sick could possibly contribute to troubled skin. Did you take any different medications or change your habits in any way? Try to go over everything you may have done differently in the past several days and maybe you can figure out what caused the problem. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/19/2013 5:08 am

I agree with maybemonday... try to put as little as possible on your skin for the next few days. Less BP and no AHA. It sounds as if you may be allergic to something because you have many smalll bumps that are also itchy, that sounds like a reaction. When did you introduce the AHA? Is it possible that may be the culprit? You also said you were ill, being sick could possibly contribute to troubled skin. Did you take any different medications or change your habits in any way? Try to go over everything you may have done differently in the past several days and maybe you can figure out what caused the problem. Good luck.

I used AHA the day before I got all these red bumps, but I just applied a little at two spots. So I don't see why that could be the problem.. I did not take any medications or did not do anything unusual :) but I did put more BP on my face that night because I was starting my fifth week in the regimen.

Yesterday, before i went to bed i did not put as much BP on my face, I went from a full fingerlenght til half a fingerlenght. Im going to put less on tonight.

My skin has not got any better, I did not put any BP on this morning, but I dont see any difference :( my skin is sooooo dry and I have small bumps all over my face :( I am going to prom tonight, but im not sure if i even want to go with my terrible skin!

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/19/2013 10:50 am

Use your moisturizor first let it dry then bp. After bp drys then moisturize and use jojoba oil. Don't use bp in the center of your neck or below that part is super sensitive and can affect your throat. If your neck becomes dryer use aquaphor on your neck at night for 3 days. Aquaphor is used for severe dryness.

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/19/2013 7:56 pm

Use your moisturizor first let it dry then bp. After bp drys then moisturize and use jojoba oil. Don't use bp in the center of your neck or below that part is super sensitive and can affect your throat. If your neck becomes dryer use aquaphor on your neck at night for 3 days. Aquaphor is used for severe dryness.

Thanks! I'll do that :) my redness is not that bad anymore and my skin had seemed to calmed down today:) but its still realy dry!

MemberMember
(@ammmi)

Posted : 12/23/2013 7:07 am

I have used just a pea sized amount of bp once a day for 4 days now and all my bumps and pimples on my forhead has cleared up! BUT my cheeks has just got worse :/ it so red and so itchy! There are all these little bumps om my cheeks and it looks so awful! You can see them all the time! Should I keep using bp or what?

Please help!

MemberMember
(@markd343)

Posted : 12/23/2013 8:47 pm

Give your cheeks a rest and see what happens. There's parts where bp don't work for people. For me bp works everywhere except the sides by my eyebrows. If I ever let bp touch there I get huge painful pimples.