Itching Skin After ...

Notifications
Clear all

Itching Skin After Bp

MemberMember
(@vixxen)

Posted : 11/07/2013 4:27 pm

I'm on day 3 of using Benozyl Peroxide and my face is pretty sensitised (as I expected) and itchy, it also burned after I used a sensitive skin moisturiser so I washed if off and tried Simple which was a lot better. My question is, will the itching stop happening after a while? It's driving me insane trying not to scratch it. Thanks :-)

MemberMember
(@buzzard)

Posted : 11/07/2013 8:59 pm

Hi Vixxen,

I haven't experienced that with these products yet but I have had that kind of burning issue before. What worked for me then is to really thoroughly rinse the cleanser and really wait until it dries. This could be a baseless theory but I think if any of the soap from the cleanser mixes with the benzoyl peroxide it can have that kind of effect. Rinse rinse and rinse and hopefully that works.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@vixxen)

Posted : 11/08/2013 4:20 pm

Hi Vixxen,

I haven't experienced that with these products yet but I have had that kind of burning issue before. What worked for me then is to really thoroughly rinse the cleanser and really wait until it dries. This could be a baseless theory but I think if any of the soap from the cleanser mixes with the benzoyl peroxide it can have that kind of effect. Rinse rinse and rinse and hopefully that works.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight, my skin is starting to look better already from the BP 🙂