Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org Regimen ?

MemberMember
(@khalid95)

Posted : 11/07/2013 2:27 pm

I am 18, never really had acne before last year. I used to have a few small pimples on my cheecks but I think stress caused breakouts all over my skin. Now my acne seems more cyst-like and I also have acne scars. My skin was also pretty normal, but now its way too oily. I do not have breakouts anymore but i still do have alot of acne and acne scars, so that's why i'm planning to buy this kit.

I have a couple of questions:

1 BP and moistrizuers will make my skin look oily, so I don't want to apply them before school. Can I just stick with the cleanser in the morning then cleanser - BP- moistrizuer at night?

2- How long does it generally take to clear up the skin?

3- Should I continue using the regimen after my skin clears up or should I move on to normal gentle cleansers and moistrizuers?

4- Will the acne scars fade away or do I have to visit a derm. for a laser?

Best regards ..

MemberMember
(@khalid95)

Posted : 11/07/2013 10:45 pm

Also, what is the AHA +, how often should i use it and in which order ( eg. after cleanser?)

MemberMember
(@khalid95)

Posted : 11/08/2013 1:15 pm

MemberMember
(@katya95)

Posted : 11/11/2013 9:31 pm

A lot of answers to your questions are on the website, which is why you aren't getting responses.. But, I am bored so I will answer them for you.

1) You can use that approach, but most people have greater success using it twice a day.

2) It is varied on how long it takes. Usually by 3 months people have cleared up. Sometimes it is before that, sometimes after.

3) You will need to continue using the regimen after you clear up if you want to prevent new pimples from forming. It is not a cure for acne, just a regimen to control it, as with most things. (except accutane)

4) Red marks will fade with time, indented scars probably won't

I use AHA after my BP application at night, in place of my moisturizer. It is exfoliating and helps with flakes and a nicer complexion overall.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@juanfe98)

Posted : 11/11/2013 9:37 pm

Im on the second week of the regimen, and my skin had reacted very to the bp until I started using it twice per day, and also I dont have the best moisturizer but I cant find any good one that isnt comedogenic in my country.