Fellow Aussies What...

Notifications
Clear all

Fellow Aussies What Products Do You Use In Your Daily Regimen

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/06/2013 7:22 am

Hi to all the Australians out there doing Dan's famous Regimen!

I am so annoyed at searching the chemist stores to find all these foreign products people are using in other countries, that I have decided to just made my own post to get direct help and maybe even help somebody else out there living in the same country as me who are having the same issues.

I would appreciate it if ONLY people who live here in Australia comment their products they use. OR If you used to live here and found products you enjoyed using during your stay while on the Regimen. Please NO false information, just people who are currently using or used to use while on the regimen.

-No guessing or misleading information on products please!

I currently just use the Cetaphil acne kit as I have only just started doing Dan's regimen recently and I am not really happy especially with the moisturiser.. Also I have not yet brought a Sunscreen yet either as everybody on here keeps suggesting these foreign products to me not sold over here which is SO ANNOYING! The cleanser is fine and the BP is okay for now until I order Dan's gel formula once (once I get used to the cream formulas I heard it's more harsh.)

Really all I want to know is what products do you use on a daily basis and what works best for you? I want to try a over the counter AHA product before I buy Dan's just for a pre-trial with how it reacts to my skin, So if you know of a AHA that is sold in Australia please inform me of the name and brand! smile.png

*This post can be used for questions regarding Products Sold In Australia relating to the Regimen and/or users in Australia experiencing problems and want fellow Aussie troubleshooting - Anybody within this country may join in and help others

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@laura372)

Posted : 09/08/2013 11:07 pm

For the Regimen I found that the cleanser wasn't best for my skin as I have quite sensitive skin so I use this one instead: http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Skin-Cleanser-Sensitive-Skin-Fragrance-Free-16-fl-oz-473-ml/13314

I buy from iherb.com Pretty good prices and you can get some good products on here.

Then because my skin is pretty flakey at the moment I get roughly palm sized amount of Dan's Jojoba Oil and massage into face, rinse off with water. Pat dry with a towel so my face is soft and abit oily after.

I wait for it to dry and then put this eye cream on around the eye where no BP or moisturiser gets on (mostly because my eyes are prone to eczema/dryness)

http://www.iherb.com/Weleda-Wild-Rose-Smoothing-Eye-Cream-0-34-fl-oz-10-ml/27041

Afterwards I apply Dan's BP, wait 10-15 mins then apply Dan's moisturiser (+1-2drops of jojoba oil) as I found his is the only one that doesn't burn my face/irritate it whilst being a good moisturiser. My sister on the other hand uses Cetaphil moisturiser as she finds that Dan's one doesn't give her the moisture she needs.

Pretty much the products I use haven't been brought in a chemist here or anything and bought through iherb.

*I haven't used AHA yet as I am waiting to be "in" the Regimen for a few more weeks. Only on week 5)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 09/08/2013 11:55 pm

When i first started the regimen I was using Benzac 2.5% BP (which my chemist ordered in because I could only find 5%), cetaphil cleanser & moisturiser. I used these products for about 3 weeks before deciding that the regimen was definitely for me and bit the bullet and ordered acne.org products (the shipping was twice the price of the products!!!). But I have to say, Dan's BP is amazing compared to Benzac and his moisturiser (although not quite moisturising enough) really helped me to get clear. I didn't try any other AHA apart from Dan's so I cant comment there.

Many people have become clear using shop bought products though, so its not essential to use acne.org products but there is just no comparing the BP.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 09/09/2013 4:08 am

I think Benzac is what comes in the Cetaphil kit now doesn't it? It's been a while since I looked.

I've been using Johnson's top-to-toe baby wash as a cleanser and find that it works really well and it's affordable. It's one of the alternatives that Dan recommends too. I used the Cetaphil moisturiser at night with a few drops of jojoba oil (that you should be able to get in any health/vitamin type store) and the neutrogena SPF 15 oil free moisturiser in the mornings.

I think I mentioned the Hamilton Everyday Face SPF 30 sunscreen to you in a different thread - but I didn't realise you were using the regimen (sorry) so it might not be the best because it's matte and you'll be dealing with dry skin. So I'm still looking for a better sunscreen too.

I haven't found a over the counter AHA in Australia unfortunately. I did find a product with AHA and BHA in it by the Skin Doctors (called gamma hydroxy) but it's not ideal because you'll be adding in another active ingredient (BHA) that the regimen doesn't 'account' for. I've used it a few times on the regimen and personally my skin has coped with it well but I haven't used it consistently to know how it works for me.

Good luck finding some suitable products. Please let us know if you find any in stores here! I'd really love to know if you find a good sunscreen :)

MemberMember
(@amyyrose)

Posted : 09/14/2013 9:24 pm

For the Regimen I found that the cleanser wasn't best for my skin as I have quite sensitive skin so I use this one instead: http://www.iherb.com/NutriBiotic-Skin-Cleanser-Sensitive-Skin-Fragrance-Free-16-fl-oz-473-ml/13314

I buy from iherb.com Pretty good prices and you can get some good products on here.

Then because my skin is pretty flakey at the moment I get roughly palm sized amount of Dan's Jojoba Oil and massage into face, rinse off with water. Pat dry with a towel so my face is soft and abit oily after.

I wait for it to dry and then put this eye cream on around the eye where no BP or moisturiser gets on (mostly because my eyes are prone to eczema/dryness)

http://www.iherb.com/Weleda-Wild-Rose-Smoothing-Eye-Cream-0-34-fl-oz-10-ml/27041

Afterwards I apply Dan's BP, wait 10-15 mins then apply Dan's moisturiser (+1-2drops of jojoba oil) as I found his is the only one that doesn't burn my face/irritate it whilst being a good moisturiser. My sister on the other hand uses Cetaphil moisturiser as she finds that Dan's one doesn't give her the moisture she needs.

Pretty much the products I use haven't been brought in a chemist here or anything and bought through iherb.

*I haven't used AHA yet as I am waiting to be "in" the Regimen for a few more weeks. Only on week 5)

Hi Laura! Thats cool yeah I was going to buy some of Dans products but the postage came to $90 on top of the products, do you pay really expensive postage? I really want to buy but I just can't afford his postage expenses 🙁

Yeah i have been using the cetaphil moisturiser as well when i need deep moisturising, otherwise i've been using a neutrogena one for sensntive skin.

I'm on week 3 of the regimen 🙂 I'm trying to learn as much as I can about some available products to me and what other aussies have been using that has worked! hehee