Notifications
Clear all

Starting Too Fast?

MemberMember
(@garcia18)

Posted : 07/30/2013 4:42 am

Would it be a bad thing to start the regimen full on just wondering? I dont care about flakiness lol its just i dont have the patients and schools starting for me soonrolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@moonlitriver)

Posted : 07/30/2013 6:40 am

I would strongly advise against this. It's not just the flakiness you'll have to deal with, your skin will get really red, tight and sore as well and it will not give you faster results for school it will just make your skin a state, trust me. Start slow with one small application a day, after a week ramp it up to two, then give it another week before slowly ramping up the amount of benzoyl peroxide you use for each application. Make sure you're always following the Regimen steps exactly as described on this website and using a good moisturiser morning and night as this will minimise irritation and give you much better results in the long run. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:09 am

A few years ago I started off the regimen way too fast (also with 10% b.p) and it was a BAD idea lol.

I ended up pretty much burning my face off and it was so flaky and too sore to even shower without being in bad pain! I honestly looked like I no longer had acne but I had some sort of skin shedding condition! I would definitely advise starting slowly after my experience :')

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:44 am

You'll probably go against the advice being given, but seriously, don't. Flakiness is just the tip of the iceberg. Your face will burn, the same way it would if you were to sit out in the sun all day without sunscreen. Your skin will be damaged and your acne problem may even worsen.

If you start the full amount of BP, you'll end up having to start again (after a period of letting your skin heal from the damage) and in turn, it will take much longer to get clear.

Trust me. The only benefit of you going against what we say is, you'll see firsthand why you should build the amount and slowly adjust.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/30/2013 9:15 am

God no!!!! Like everyone above says, you will just end up chemically burning your skin to the point where you won't be able to apply Bp again until you heal. There is zero advantage to starting too quickly. I'm hoping you will take our advice but as Lewis ^ has said, if you don't take our advice you soon will wish you had :).

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:09 pm

I did this when I started last January. I started with a full fingers length twice a day and it was with 5% BP. It was terrible. I was uncomfortable and my face was red, flaking and irritated and it burned when I tried to move my face around. Even when I wanted to let a big yawn out I held it in because it hurt my face too much.

Start slow with 2.5% BP, once a day and build it up slowly over the weeks.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:12 pm

Your going to get flakes no matter what and theres no way around it. I started with 2 full pumps and my breakouts stopped immediately. My skin became so dry I had to switch to another type of benzoyl peroxide.