This Or Accutane Ag...

Notifications
Clear all

This Or Accutane Again.

MemberMember
(@tuffstuff)

Posted : 07/11/2013 12:52 am

Hi guys! I am inspired by The Regimen success stories and at the same time highly doubtful that it can drastically improve my acne. I went on a course of accutane a year ago, but I relapsed like hell, quite obviously, (I might have been slightly underdosed.) Its almost worse than pre-tane now. I want to know if it can work for severe acne, or if there is just some people it can't treat. I am considering the Regimen over a second course of accutane. I know you guys don't know everything, but anything is helpful, especially your successes with it! Thanks!

post-212771-0-87028500-1373521201_thumb.

post-212771-0-41241600-1373521221_thumb.

post-212771-0-87028500-1373521201_thumb.

post-212771-0-41241600-1373521221_thumb.

MemberMember
(@jilliandunn)

Posted : 07/11/2013 1:04 am

I feel like no matter what you use, there will be doubt that it will work. But I can tell your skin is really irritated and maybe it could be beneficial to try the regimen to help some of the redness and inflammation. Just be patient and don't give up on it! Also you could ask your dermatologist. I know the peroxide can be drying so that would be my only concern

MemberMember
(@auroraspain)

Posted : 07/11/2013 2:53 am

Accutane not always works, I improved with it but right now I have acne again, not so strong as before but I never was completely clear after the treatment, unfortunately it just happens to some people, its not a matter of taking less than recomended. I am going to give a try to the regimen before the second round of accutane, if its something you can try before accutane just do it, because we know the side effects of accutane, maybe you could ask your doctor, or look for a second opinion.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/11/2013 3:00 am

I have seen people in similar situations who have experienced great success with the regime, so yes i do believe it could work for you. However I really think you should perhaps go see another derm to discuss your options. PS, your still a good looking guy, all the best mate.

MemberMember
(@wombat666)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:55 am

You should take a look at this:

Regimen worked for him, AND he used it only nightly. Who knows though, maybe his skin was just made for BP... lol... but the point is, you never know until you try! And if the Regimen does work for you, there is less risk of remission than there is with Accutane. Both are hell in the opening stages, but at least with the Regimen you can control how much hell you go through. Also, after you've been on it for a while, there is a high chance that you can lower your BP dose, or start doing the Regimen only nightly, and still keep the acne away.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/13/2013 8:51 pm

I think the regimen is definitely worth a shot before going on accutane. There are quite a few people on this site whose site whose progress and results on the regimen really encouraged me to start it. One in particular was thereisalwayshope's log and gallery of progress photos - which I suggest looking at if you haven't come across them already

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!