Why Do People Not K...

Notifications
Clear all

Why Do People Not Keep Up With Logs And Blogs?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/07/2013 6:09 pm

So i know i'm probably not posting in the right section but this is a Regimen related vent/question.

Why is it that people start logs and blogs about The Regimen (and even other acne treatments) and then never update or revisit......ever. It seems so counterproductive and very unhelpful for others looking to follow similar or the same course of action. It may not seem like a big deal but it takes up space when searching for things in the forum. There should be some blogging/logging etiquette rules when it comes to stuff like that. The same goes for asking a question then not revisiting it ever again.

Anyway, vent over.....time to move on.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 07/07/2013 8:37 pm

Yeah I feel exactly the same about this. Especially the asking of a question and then not bothering to come back to look at the replies.

Maybe logs are more like the first day of dieting. You have great intentions but by the afternoon you're stuffing your face with cake (did I just say that out loud? ;) )

Lilly75 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2013 4:39 am

Aye Aye, i love the response.....so true!

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:14 am

Generally if people succeed and beat acne; they have no reason to visit/revisit acne forums :D if they're unsuccessful at beating it then there's little use in updating a log which isn't beneficial. They could spend the time looking for a new cure rather than updating an old log.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:56 am

I get that but at least close out your log. For all my regimens, i have kept detailedlogs and i have closed out each and every one of them to let people know that i was moving on to a different treatment. To me its just a matter of common courtesy.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 07/08/2013 8:18 am

Are the log forums less frequented? Apart from the accutane logs maybe? I always thought they were less visited than other sections because they're personal and unless someone is wanting to try whatever the log is about they're unlikely to go read it. For that reason too - that it's a log of a personal experience with something - people may be less likely to feel the need to respond to a log, so the person the log belongs to could feel like they're talking to themselves and start posting less and less until they stop. I think that's to be expected in a way when starting a log though - you're writing it to track you're experience and to hopefully help out other people with your experiences - and not necessarily to have people reply to it all the time.

I don't know... just thinking out loud here :P

But I completely agree - it would be really nice if people could wrap up their log. The courteous thing to do for sure.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/08/2013 10:22 pm

This is probably why I never started a log in the first place. Hahaha. I didn't exactly know if I could give people updates about my skin frequently. It is very cool when people really set their minds to doing daily updates. Even reading the old logs have helped me when I first started the regimen.